3.4 dohc to a 3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 dohc to a 3.8

I got a 95 monte z34 I want to swap engines to a 3.8 non supercharged, what would i need to swap it out? ty thank u for ur replies, the reason I want to swap motors is that my 3.4 is starting to smoke alittle at start up, and i know that these engines are not easy to work on, unless u guys have any ideas love to hear from u ty
    Last edited by astros18b; 07-08-2006, 07:09 PM.

As much as I hate to say it, you probably won't get a lot of help here for that. The 3.8 is not a 60* V6, and they all hate it here. I'll tell you that it shouldn't be a tough swap, as your trans is the same as the Monte Carlo's that used the 3.8. If you do the swap, you'll need the engine harness, engine, and maybe the PCM.
    \"NASCAR is an integral part of my life. A part of me died when Dale Earnhardt died.\"

1997 Olds CS 4-door S/C - 183,527 miles
    1999 Chevrolet Lumina 3100 - Wife took it at 158,340 miles
    1989 Volvo 740GL Wagon 2.3 8v - 232,050 miles

Comment

deffinitly gonna need the engine, wiring pcm, possibly rad, accessories, mounts, brackets, ect.

im kinda wondering why. the dohc has more power and torque than a 3.8l, and is a great starting point for modding.

Comment

The DOHC has 10 more horsepower, and falls short on torque by about 20 ft lbs. The L36 is a great engine to start from. Very good aftermarket support, and is probably physically a little smaller. He won't need a radiator, but will probably need the rad hoses designed for the 3.8. When I mentioned he needed an engine...he'll need a complete engine.
        \"NASCAR is an integral part of my life. A part of me died when Dale Earnhardt died.\"

1997 Olds CS 4-door S/C - 183,527 miles
        1999 Chevrolet Lumina 3100 - Wife took it at 158,340 miles
        1989 Volvo 740GL Wagon 2.3 8v - 232,050 miles

Comment

I'm doing the exact same thing to my 95 hit me up on AIM or email

This is the second time i've yanked the engine out of a 5th gen monte so i've been there

except my car will be running 12's when I'm done (hello cartuning turbo)

BTW.... are you a member of Mymonte.com yet?

Comment

Why naturally aspirated? why not supercharged? the computer and wiring from a 95 regal will plug and play into a series II with the exception of the knock sensor which you can get from the 95 regal.
            I had the L36 in a 92 Lumina before swapping that for a supercharged version. big difference
            Any help you need I will be more than happy to share pics or any info as I have already completed this swap.
            Aaron

Comment

Working...
            X