3x00 in a Fiero (getting ideas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3x00 in a Fiero (getting ideas)

ok since the camaro was sold and i can't find a G-body worth a damn.

i have been looking at GMs little mid engine sports car. woundering how hard would it be. some came with a 2.8 stock so i am thinking it wouldn't be too difficult.

sadly though i can not seem to find any info on this most i have been able to find is L67 swaps and V8 swaps.

if any one has a link or any thing that'd be cool
    92 LeBaron Convert: Does it run yet? 03 Silverado 2500HD ecsb 4x4 6.0L: dual 3" in/out race "muffler" 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0: DD from california

depending on what year 3x00 you're looking at, its almost a direct swap...
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

05 3500. (i know the TB needs to be switched out and it needs an external trigger wheel)

also the one i am looking at is a 2.5L Iron duke 4 speed car
      92 LeBaron Convert: Does it run yet? 03 Silverado 2500HD ecsb 4x4 6.0L: dual 3" in/out race "muffler" 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0: DD from california

Comment

the 4 banger complicates it a little... you'll have more parts to find anyways...
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

the car is really clean and the guy wants $400 i have seen a few otheres as well but most are 4 cylander autos. for some odd resone the Fieros tend to be in better shape then Fs and Gs

i figure for a starting point i could find a junked 2.8 car and take most of the mounting brackets. (heck might even take the rear sub frame if it's a 88 )

depending on what i could find cheap i might even just swap in a 3.1L and a Getreg 5 speed then collect parts for the 3500 slowly
          Last edited by 01GPGT; 10-04-2009, 04:40 PM.

Comment

^ that sounds like a decent plan... either of them anyways, depending on what you have access to...
            Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

the Fieros are light almost any thing feels fast in them lol

in any event the car is getting an OD tranny i do alot of highway driving.

Comment

Theres a world of information in the Pennock's Fiero Forum......everything you can imagine on various engine swaps or just upgrading either the 4 cyl or 2.8...take a look...
                91 LQ1 GP GT

Comment

i am a member there still trying to figure out the search lol

there are some crazy builds with Fieros

Comment

If you have problems navigating Pennocks........try this Fiero forum, it's in southern Ontario...the keeper of the club is X-thumpr-X..(Adam)...he can help you out with some of your ideas, and there are others there who are well into Fiero customs and I'm sure they would be more than willing to help you out...if you plan on dropping in a *6* you might want to look for a Getrag 5 spd (ala Cavalier....plus the clutch slave conversion kit (Dickman)(dump the Isuzu 4spd) the Getrag is an overall better trans...this $400 car you've found...stick your hand up inside under the rear wheelwells...and feel for the rear subframe rail up near the top on both sides...those are the first items to rot out in the Fieros (next place is the floorpan at the firewall right where the rear engine cradle pivots are welded to the floor), if the rails are soild, then the car may be useful, if they have disintegrated..keep looking for another car...to rebuild them requires pulling off the rear clip & welding up new ones (I've done 3 Fieros), if you don't have such equipment it can be costly to have it done .............http://www.gtfieros.com/phpBB3/index.php
                    91 LQ1 GP GT

Comment

thanks for the info. the guy is still trying to unbarry the car from his garage (it's been there for 4 year he bought it drove it ones then parked it)

Comment

Last edited by Honest Don; 05-19-2020, 01:21 PM.

Comment

cool make a thread and i will follow it

life got in the way for right now. GP decided to kill it's trans... agian so i need to fix that before i can try to sell it. i will proably put a stock engine in it so it sells faster

Comment

Working...
                          X