jeep 2.8 liter swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeep 2.8 liter swap

has anyone swaped the 2.8 liter out of a jeep for the 3.1 or the 3.4 v6. if so can i still use the carb set up or will i need to wire in the fuel inj. for the swap

Can't remember off hand, but I think he kept the carb.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

thanks

thanks brad this was a great help to me. thought i was going to have to stay with the 2.8 but the swap can be done with the know how of the fine guys on this forum. this is going to be a project for me and my nephew turns 16 in 9 months should be cool car for him to drive 1986 comanche lift, lockers, the works. with bigger tires needs more power, thanks again.

Comment

From my understanding all you have to do is to put an electric fuel pump on the jeep and the 3.4 will work.
        87 3.4 4x4 blazer
        3 inch body lift, t-bar/shackle lift, 31x10.5s

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
          http://60degreev6.com/forum/f109/spa...to-1985-t39564

Can't remember off hand, but I think he kept the carb.
          I did not keep the carb. I am running fuel injected. I ended up ordering the custom harness, because my jeep was running rough with my wiring. I have not had a chance to install it yet though. I am currently swaping a 2.9 engine in my fiance's dad's ranger...once that is done I will put my wiring harness in the jeep.

As for my swap I have posted a lot of pics in my thread and I have more that are not posted, so if you need a picture of something I may have it. Also I did all of the work by my self so I am very familiar with the steps I took and parts I used, so if you have any questions please let me know.

Once mine is running right I may have some parts for sale if you are interested that you must have for the swap. I have a neutrally balanced flywheel, a VATS bypass module, and a few other things.

Comment

Working...
          X