No announcement yet.

02GrandAm 3.4 Swap.....What do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02GrandAm 3.4 Swap.....What do I need?

My Buddy and I are putting 3.4s out of grand ams into our fieros. We were wondering what we are going to have to change on the engine and car to make this work the best. Any advice about this swap would be helpful cause weve never done one before.

what computer are you going to use? manual trans? I am almost done with my 3400 fiero swap chip, which only needs dyno time to get the fueling down for performance. You will need the 727/730 ecm to use the chip though.

As far as what you need to physically install it, I know the engine mounting needs to be addressed. Bracket for the throttle body cables. Someone that has done it can tell you more I am sure.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

3400 -> Fiero swap

hello, i have done this swap, a few years ago. so i can help with any questions you may have. you will have to make up new lower engine mounts and dog bone mounts. what i did was modify the stock fiero lower mount to fit on the 3400. as SappySE107 said, you will need 727/730 ecm and its factory wiring harness. if i remember right, you'll need some of the 3400 connectors, as well as part of the stock fiero harness. what year/tranny Fiero you going to use? it makes a difference. If you have any specific questions, just ask, i'll try to help as much as possible.

-Rob
      Rob
      ----------
      \'87 Fiero GT 3400 5-Speed
      2\" Drop, 17\" Rims, GA Brakes, Full Poly

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
        I am almost done with my 3400 fiero swap chip, which only needs dyno time to get the fueling down for performance. You will need the 727/730 ecm to use the chip though.
        Would it happen to be of use in an a-body with the same engine/tranny/computer combo? If so, which type injectors would it be for?

Comment

3400 injectors and 2000+ FPR for 55 psi pressure. It should be close, so long as you have a 5 speed. I haven't seen a 3400 3 speed or 3400 4 speed auto setup yet to scan.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Yes, it will be a 5speed and it's a 2000 3400. Haven't even started the swap yet though, been taking my time gathering parts.

Comment

thanks for the help fellas, by the way, does anyone have a set of headers for a 3.4 or know someone who can make them for a reasonable price? I am haveing larry johnson in whittier iowa do my engine swap do to lack of time or space now. He has done some extremely nice fiero swaps and his headers are pretty pricey but are polished steel. also looking for engine mounts anyone has made or has measurements/prints for so i can modify mine or buy some. Also need an alternator bracket for the 3.4. Thanks again everyone

Comment

Working...
              X