Tuning with SAFC 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning with SAFC 2

ive been messing around with a friends Apexi SAFC 2 to see if i liked it enough to get one for my grand prix.. He tunes by using the knock readout on the SAFC. He leans it out to the maximum he can without reading knock. Is this a normal way to tune? or is it not practical? i was considering going in with another friend and getting a wideband with data logging and tune according to the wideband.
    94 Grand Prix
    3400- NX 75 shot, Cammotion cam, S&S headers, and a few more toys

Wide band tuning is the only way to go, otherwise you are just guessing
    Mega Squirted Fiero
    How I did it here

Comment

you dont tune fuel based on knock, thats how you tune timing. fuel must be tuned by wideband o2, or minimum exaust gas temp, but even that is kinda a rtough estimate.

Comment

I have on my fiero. You use it to tune your fuel. Not your knock. Thats part of the timing. Sure you cna get knock if you lean it out too much. Not safe though. Def needs a wideband.

YOu can still get knock at 10:1 a/f so tunign by knock with the safc doesn't mean much. Still might have to retard the timing.

Comment

Agree with what shaun says... and not to hi-jack the thread, but does anyone have a wiring install for an safc in a fiero? PM me if so, thanks.

Justin
          1988 Fiero Formula - 3400sfi with an intercooled 60trim, Haltech, water/meth
          1990 Mitsu Eclipse GSX - parted out
          1991 Galant VR4 #108/2000 - Slammed sedan, built everything
          1995 Kawi Ninja zx7r
          1992 S10 4x4 - lowered/bagged, the dd
          2004 450R MX quad

Comment

I have a diagram for a fiero. I put one in mine. did a build thread on real fiero tech too. I am using v2 for more fuel adj

ummm hit me up on aim shaun41178 or go to rft and serarch for safc.

Comment

Working...
            X