programmer for a grand am??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• programmer for a grand am??????

i have been looking for a programmer for a 2000 grand am for the last two years now and still no luck the closest i have came is a jet programmer for 260.00 , but i not to sure how good this would work. any ideas or ones some one would offer me to buy any help is welcome thanks
    Here's to a long life and a merry one
    A quick death and an easy one
    A pretty girl and an honest one
    A cold beer and another one!

HP Tuners. You can check it out on wottech (see link above)

Droid via Tapatalk
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

...or look for a used DHP PowrTuner.
      For starters, you might find one at:
      powrtuner.com
      grandamgt.com
      clubgp.com

Comment

yeah, don't bother with anything that's handheld, using actual software makes them feel like a child's toy. and they're often close to each other in terms of cost.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

What's wrong with toys??

93 Firebird 3.4
          Pacesetter Headers, Flowmaster 80, Comp 1.6 RR,Cloyes 2x Set, P&P Heads & Intakes, Custom Cam, Holley FPR, Ram Air Intake, Posi Rear w/3.42's & Disk Brakes.
          Cam and Heads by 60Inclusive.com

Comment

LOL, okay, it's like playing with a Hot Wheels 70 Corvette compared to driving said 70 Corvette.
            1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
            Latest nAst1 files here!
            Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I have a DHP tuner just sitting here if you are interested in it.

Comment

HP Tuners all the way!!! The user interface is pleasant on the eyes and the interface is easy to understand. Plus you get a plethora of statistical tools in the scanner software that comes with it. You should browse the HPTuners webpage. But be sure to buy it from WOT-TECH.com to support those who make this forum possible. I wish I did, but didn't

Comment

Does the HP Tuners have the ability to eliminate everything BCM/EBCM/VATS/etc?

I'm kind of lurking this site as I'm looking at building a 3400 or 3500 in a Miata... would like to run on OBD2 because I don't want to be pulling chips and crap... prefer to hook up a laptop and go at it in real time.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander757 View Post
                    Does the HP Tuners have the ability to eliminate everything BCM/EBCM/VATS/etc?

I'm kind of lurking this site as I'm looking at building a 3400 or 3500 in a Miata... would like to run on OBD2 because I don't want to be pulling chips and crap... prefer to hook up a laptop and go at it in real time.
                    Welcome! Your best bet would probably be to find an early OBD2 that HP Tuners can program (like 96-97ish, possibly a Venture?), as they wouldn't be communicating with the BCM as much as the newer ones do.
                    -Brad-
                    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                    sigpic
                    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

the 95-99 Monte Carlos and Luminas don't use a BCM and IIRC, the EBCM and air bag module will only attempt to communicate if it wants to store data for an event.
                      Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander757 View Post
                        would like to run on OBD2 because I don't want to be pulling chips and crap... prefer to hook up a laptop and go at it in real time.
                        I'm already OBD1 and have the stuff to do the job, but I'm looking to buy an Ostrich chip emulator in the future to make my tuning a snap and avoid pulling chips in favor of tuning in real time.

-60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                        Originally posted by Jay Leno
                        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
                        X