No announcement yet.

Elm327 or similar device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am hoping to very shortly, have too many projects on the go lol.

Many for the Sunfire are generic though.
    As of April 2
    3rd Gen Cavy has 3500 Installed!
    ----------------------------
    Engine: 2006 SV6 3500 LX9
    Trans: 2002 Getrag F23 5speed
    Pcm: 2001 Impala La1 3400 with complete Engine Harness.
    Injectors: #36 GTPs
    TB: 65mm TCE
    Maf: 1999 3400 Montana.
    Adjustable TCE Fuel pressure Regulator
    Walbro W1 255 pump from Racetronix.
    Beverages: Ice Cold CANADIAN.

Comment

• Makes sense they seem to be generic ... I believe they are partially SAE mandated. I am working on the side in my spare time to try to research & hopefully decipher the code. For starters, $AE commands are as "Device control"; $3B are request to write data block (back to standard "80"). Then the rest of the numbers follow a specific pattern as well.

The problem is I'm finding my ALDL cable doesn't communicate properly with VPW, or at least I think. I can't seem to use the seed/key puller with success (or even pull my VIN). I also send $AE commands through the hyper terminal without any response.

Comment

• So after plugging this PCM connector into a breadboard along with a pc power supply and unsoldering some wires in the DLC connector of my ELM device I get OSID 8 from this 96 Achieva PCM. When prompted for a VIN# it has 3 squares, and it also says NO DATA (2 squares) > NO DATA (2 more squares) > Error when trying to find the key.
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

• Been backed up on some other projects, there are some bugs to def work out, just busy.

96 achieva is full OBD2 correct?
          As of April 2
          3rd Gen Cavy has 3500 Installed!
          ----------------------------
          Engine: 2006 SV6 3500 LX9
          Trans: 2002 Getrag F23 5speed
          Pcm: 2001 Impala La1 3400 with complete Engine Harness.
          Injectors: #36 GTPs
          TB: 65mm TCE
          Maf: 1999 3400 Montana.
          Adjustable TCE Fuel pressure Regulator
          Walbro W1 255 pump from Racetronix.
          Beverages: Ice Cold CANADIAN.

Comment

• Yes. The PCM that went back in it is a 97 N body I think? I figured it has something to do with the talk of a 96 W body PCM only taking 256k and a 97 W body PCM taking 512k as far as programming goes. I would think the 96 isn't advance and doesn't store the VIN, so might be somewhat "stupid" compared to the 97, sort of like the OBD1.5 hack job. Ben says he has some more PCMs he can bring up for me to try out to see if my laptop will talk to them. I know this PC and my ELM work because I've used the multiple times to scan OBD2 vehicles.
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

• Ill bring some with me today. I have a small stockpile for when I am ready to sell PCM tunes. If you had a device that can read the data being passed through a port, this might be easier to sort out:P
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

• Well, I removed any wires from the connector that weren't needed tonight. We also picked up a couple OBD2 ALDL ports at the yard while picking up a trans dip stick tube for the Achieva, so I removed this from the breadboard and put my cable back together. Still haven't been able to pull the VIN from the Achieva PCM, so I got curious and stuck one of the ones Ben brought up on it. It's for a 99 Alero. No dice on the VIN for that, but at least the Key/Seed portion is doing something besides showing NO DATA, ect. So as it sits, it's trying to find the key for the Alero.
                -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

• Any updates on this? I was looking to try and make an android program using this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16921 to send and recieve command over bluetooth. Based on the ELM327, cheap, and apparently works well.

Check out the comment section there is a guy who used it to poll the CAN bus on a newer impala SS and even get it to start remotely.

More stuff on that site you guys might like.

Comment

• bump for a good cause?
                    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                    Latest nAst1 files here!
                    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

• hi, i have a 99 olds Alero, that i put a 3.4L 2001 impala engine in; and after replacing the heads and gaskets, ect. i had a problem with PCM not pulsing the #6 injector. pulled the plug and it was soaked w/ gas, anyway i replaced the PCM with one from a 98 3.1L chevy malibu. PCM is good but i need to remove old VIN and replace it with the Alero VIN. i do have an ELM327, the USB interface, and the script installer for the ELM device; i also have the complete manual for the ELM, with commands. So, what i am asking is how and what software do i need, to remove a VIN and/or replace a VIN in the PCM via the ELM device? my email address is; sleak300z@live.com any help is greatly appreiciated! i can not afford to take it to the dealer for something i know is so easy to do!
                      Last edited by sleak300z; 01-07-2013, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X