Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elm327 or similar device

How many actually have one?

I am working on TRYING to build an App to find the Seed/Key pair and eventually Pull bin file and write bin file.

My current code (lots of work to do yet) hopefully will get key, but may take 4 to 8 days of running lol.

Going to hook up to a Pcm later this week to test (cross fingers)

I am also building a Sniffer with it to monitor data between Pcm & Tech2 if this current project flops.

I am excited, as if I get this to work, you can use it with available editors (Tiny Tuner, Table Editors) to edit you bin and reload to PCM without having to purchase products like HPT or DHP.
    As of April 2
    3rd Gen Cavy has 3500 Installed!
    ----------------------------
    Engine: 2006 SV6 3500 LX9
    Trans: 2002 Getrag F23 5speed
    Pcm: 2001 Impala La1 3400 with complete Engine Harness.
    Injectors: #36 GTPs
    TB: 65mm TCE
    Maf: 1999 3400 Montana.
    Adjustable TCE Fuel pressure Regulator
    Walbro W1 255 pump from Racetronix.
    Beverages: Ice Cold CANADIAN.

To add, the reason that I ask is, if someone wants to try it I can Upload or even if you also have VB6 I will upload the source for you ( Though I am pretty much just a hack at programming it may be hard to follow what I have done)
    As of April 2

Comment

if you get this rolling, i may have to learn a few things about VB6...

maybe the OBD1.5 PCMs could be tuneable then....
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I am not up on the reasons OBD 1.5 was not tuneable, I suspect it was not a Key issue but an editing issue.

Creating a program to edit the file is way beyond me (at this time anyways) and will be relying on TinyTuners if I am successful.

Now TinyTuners does NOT have the ability to turn off codes, I hope it will be added, if not I may then have to learn VB.net as that is the language it is written in lol
        As of April 2

Comment

Originally posted by planethax View Post
          I am not up on the reasons OBD 1.5 was not tuneable, I suspect it was not a Key issue but an editing issue.
          so far, we don't know the command strings to pull the BINs through the ALDL port, or push them back through to wire the EEPROM.

sounds a lot like your situation.

except i'll have the fun of hacking through, disassembling and commenting all of it... i am anticipating it taking at least a year, start to finish for the entire BIN.
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Next time I have an OBD1.5 Veh in my shop, I will be sure to hook up the sniffer to see if I can log the data to and from.

OBD 1.5, still had the replaceable proms correct?
            As of April 2

Comment

OBD 1.5, still had the replaceable proms correct?
              no, and that's why we don't know the commands to do it. if it did have removeable PROM, i could just stick it in my EEPROM burner and read it and hack through that way.
              Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Well, that would mean that a Tech2 would be required to program, which then it should be possibly to sniff the commands the Tech2 sends receives.

I will have to read up and see which protocol it uses (not sure if it is J1850 Vpw or another? )
                As of April 2

Comment

Well, that would mean that a Tech2 would be required to program, which then it should be possibly to sniff the commands the Tech2 sends receives.

I will have to read up and see which protocol it uses (not sure if it is J1850 Vpw or another? )
                  i'll admit, i don't know what J1850 Vpw means
                  Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

When my brother gets back in town I'll ask him what could be done.

Linux would be much better suited to do such a thing, but that takes time to learn.

I fooled with linux for a while, but that was a year or so ago. I forgot a lot of basic information.

If you do happen to be familiar with linux, I suggest downloading backtrack 3 or 4. It happens to be the most powerful hackers OS on the free market. I used it to hack wireless keys while on the road. Only took 3-4 minutes to get a secure connection.

I guess sniffing through USB/Serial would work but that depends on the hardware design. I'm not too familiar with PCM set ups.

once I get familiar with the PCM lanuage, I'll be able to help much more.

Unitl then,

PS - NEVER leave Bluetooth activated on your phone. I have seen first hand everything in a phone accessed. Even the mouth piece was turned on like a spy device. Only works in extreme short range but darn it, it works well in bars.

EDIT: I think PCM's are written in Visual Basic. If you googled Visual Basic Serial Data send and receive code you may find what you are looking for. If I understand correctly what you are trying to do, injecting the proper code would send all the data you are seeking right to your pc/laptop.

I can't help out much more until I get to look over the code in the PCM. When I get a free minute I'll DL a GM vehicle bin file and decompile it for fun just to get a peak.

There should be a data send function already coded in there for the factory/dealerships to use. i imagine all you need to do is change the address to match.
                    Last edited by Schmieder; 01-12-2010, 12:38 PM.

Comment

How many actually have one?
                      I have an ELM327 based interface.
                      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                      91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                      92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                      94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                      Originally posted by Jay Leno
                      Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Well after 4 hours last night/this morning, I had a lot of bugs sorted out.
                        Then Laptop had a fart and I lost all my changes, DOOH, shoulda saved more often!!!

I should be able to get back to where I was later tonight.

I'll send you the app to test once I test to be sure its ok P-R
                        As of April 2

Comment

Is there any way I could get in on this?
                          I have an elm 327 device and a 95 grand prix se converted to obd2 (96 cutlass) I'd like to try it out.

Comment

Well after 4 hours last night/this morning, I had a lot of bugs sorted out.
                            Then Laptop had a fart and I lost all my changes, DOOH, shoulda saved more often!!!

I should be able to get back to where I was later tonight.

I'll send you the app to test once I test to be sure its ok P-R
                            Good thing I don't really care much about what happens on Windoze on my laptop Just kidding man, lol. This app, what is it originally going to do? Just read the .bin at first to see if communications are working ok/clear?
                            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                            Originally posted by Jay Leno
                            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

First Step is to get the Seed/Key, The to be able to get the Bin and rewrite the Bin back to Pcm.

Well, that is my hopes anyways.
                              As of April 2

Comment

Working...
                              X