96 cutlass Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 cutlass Tuning

I am getting a 96 Cutlass and eventually want to do a 6 speed swap and a 3400. I have been looking around and I can't find shit to tune it. Everthing is 97 up. Is there anything that is still available that will work. I looked on hp tuners and its 97 up but no cutty just Grand prix. Should I switch to a 97 cutlass ecm?
    Thanks
    Brent

You'll have to switch to a later version PCM. DHP and HPT don't cover hardly any 96 models.
    Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

Do you know what year would work without a bunch wiring?

Comment

it *might* be possible to swap to a 97 ECM. I know 96 corsica/beretta/grand prix can swap to the 97 lumina ECM... Youd have to compare ECM pin outs....
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

/\ That's what I would do. Plus with a 97 PCM you also get more tuning tables that don't exist on the 96.
          Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

I ordered my Hp tuner. Tomorrow I am going to pick up a 97 ecm. Does anyone know if one out of a 97 cutlass will work or should I get on out of a 97 monte. According to Car-part .com the ecm is the same. I just don't know if it will read the cutlass vin and be able to tune it, becasue they do not list cutlass under available to tune.
            Brent

Comment

I went and picked up the 97 monte ecm today. Put it in the car before i had to go get my wisdom teeth pulled and it started right up and ran great. Also got my hpt hooked up to check out and it looks like i have a lot to learn but will have fun doing it. I had 3 wisdom teeth that were impacted so they had to dig them out. This hurts worse than when I broke my arm. So it looks like I'm going to be up for a while playing with hpt. Thanks far all the help
              Brent

Comment

Working...
              X