No announcement yet.

Entering Closed loop faster with $A1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

robert, can I email you the datalog to look at? What's your email, I lost it.

93 Firebird 3.4
    Pacesetter Headers, Flowmaster 80, Comp 1.6 RR,Cloyes 2x Set, P&P Heads & Intakes, Custom Cam, Holley FPR, Ram Air Intake, Posi Rear w/3.42's & Disk Brakes.
    Cam and Heads by 60Inclusive.com

Comment

<-- @yahoo.com

or you could just attach to a post, that would allow everyone to look at it...
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
        Fix the leaks before you try to diagnose other problems.

It's just an exhaust leak where the EGR used to sit on the header....

don't yell at me

93 Firebird 3.4
        Pacesetter Headers, Flowmaster 80, Comp 1.6 RR,Cloyes 2x Set, P&P Heads & Intakes, Custom Cam, Holley FPR, Ram Air Intake, Posi Rear w/3.42's & Disk Brakes.

Comment

it's not letting me upload for some reason, I'll email it to you now.

93 Firebird 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
            it's not letting me upload for some reason, I'll email it to you now.
            in the future, try ZIPing them first.
            1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
            Latest nAst1 files here!
            Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

zipping failed too.

93 Firebird 3.4

Comment

btw, was tapping into the ignition fuse slot a good idea?

93 Firebird 3.4

Comment

my car isn't even loping. And when I put it in drive it just stalls out. I bet there is a vacuum leak.

I'm just gonna put the bloody EGR back on.

93 Firebird 3.4

Comment

what's the MAP getting up to right before it stalls?
                    Past Builds;
                    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                    Current Project;
                    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

i have to look at the log to see that

93 Firebird 3.4

Comment

I'm super pissed and I need your guys' help

My car kept stalling out in drive/reverse even after reinstalling the EGR components with new gaskets. I was so mad that I ripped out all the heated o2 wiring and threw the sensor into a neighbors yard.

At this point I told myself to just put the car back to what it was before so I can just start driving it again at this point.

So I installed a new single wire o2 sensor and spliced it into the pcm reference wire. I have the EGR installed with all new gaskets & etc.

But the problem is still there! WTF? As soon as I put the car in drive a few seconds or a minute later it just stalls out and dies.

The exhaust leak is still there (i can hear it) at the egr/header pedestal but do not try to tell me that a small exhaust leak could make my car stall out cause I aint buyin it.

I can get a log of the stall out if you guys want but I'm super pissed right now because I put everything back to what it was before and the problem is still there.

The ONLY things different now is :

1. there is an exhaust leak at the header pedestal

2. The o2 sensor wire is now spliced into the pcm reference wire

3. the EGR sensor wires are cut (just kinda hanging there)

that's it!

plz help me, I suck at this whole car scene.

93 Firebird 3.4

Comment

i was getting that map code, should I try replacing the map sensor?

It's such bull crap that after I put everything back to where it was I still have this issue.

93 Firebird 3.4

Comment

your MAP code can actually be causing the stalling, since when the code sets, the ECM assumes what the actual MAP values are, and i assume those haven't changed from the stock values.

either you have a significant vacuum leak causing the MAP error, or the threshold for setting the error needs to be modified to account for the significantly lower idle vacuum.
                            Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                              your MAP code can actually be causing the stalling, since when the code sets, the ECM assumes what the actual MAP values are, and i assume those haven't changed from the stock values.

either you have a significant vacuum leak causing the MAP error, or the threshold for setting the error needs to be modified to account for the significantly lower idle vacuum.
                              exactly what was happening with my car a couple weeks ago.

In the tunerpro Constants section, insert a new xdf constant.

Title, MALF 33 MAP Hi LImit
                              Units, Kpa
                              Address 04E2
                              Size 8 bit
                              Significant digits, 2

On the conversion tab change the equasion to: X/2.324

Once that's in OK it and close it out.. then open the item and it should be set to 70kpa, change it to 90 and run that bin. If it works then drink a frosty beer.
                              Past Builds;
                              1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                              1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                              Current Project;
                              1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Assuming they can not reprogram the PCM, wouldn't a specific rated resistor (wanting to reduce 1v from the signal line) trick the PCM?

It would fix the MAP issue if it wasn't a physical vacuum causing the stalling. But then the WOT readings would be off as well. So then the resistor wired in would need to be switched out of the circuit during WOT. At that point, it becomes an interesting DIY circuit board project.

WHo doesn't like to hack?

Comment

Working...
                                X