No announcement yet.

ECM repin accident, now wont fire, but have spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: I had some spare plugs from the blown 3400 I tore down and took the heads off, so I made a new CPS harness and ran that, no change.

I finally has some time, and pulled pin D13 back out (Reference from ICM). I put my test pin back in and tapped it with the test light, and bam I saw a spike in the ALDL data. I wired the pin I put in to the ICM pin that I pulled out, and it fired up!!!

Then I pulled my test pin back out and crimped the shit out of the original pin, put it all back together, and nothing.

Went back to the test pin, still nothing. Did some more dicking around, saw that it was showing 250 RPM while cranking, but just would not fire. Dicked around some more to make sure the pin was getting good contact, and it fired up again.

Put the original pin back again, nothing again, but it's showing 250 RPM again while cranking, just won't fire. Ran out of time for the night. This car is being such a whore right now. I hate electrical problems.

Seems like I've found the culprit, just have to figure out what's wrong with the pin. BTW, this is being a bitch with every ECM, not just one, so I'm pretty sure it's the block D side of the connection not the ECM side, just a matter of getting it to work.

Thanks,
    Jon
    Last edited by ghrarhg; 07-08-2009, 09:37 AM.

Comment

You traced that wire to make sure it is not shorted to ground?
      Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Working...
      X