No announcement yet.

2.8,3.1,or 3.4 V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Actually, I have found a Buick 3800 that I am thinking about putting in. After all, the '88-96 Buick Regals had 3800s and they were w-bodys just like the Grand Prix. Thanks for the Ideas, I'll keep ya posted on my progress.
    1988 Grand Prix - project
    1999 Ford Explorer 4x4 - daily driver
    sigpic

Comment

what should the redline on my engine be? the tach marks 7k i think, but it shifts at 6,500, maybe 6.

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

post your BCC and i'll tell you... shift points as well...
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Mine's 7,150 and I shift around 7k It sounds nice at those RPMs too (sorta, but I have a fixer for that- a 96 intake that will move my powerband up 1k rpms, then I will change my cam timing to bring it back down where my peak is right at my shift point so my powerband is more broad). Took my friend for a ride once, had a rolling start around 10mph, put the hammer down, front end got squirrely, nailed 2nd at 7k rpms, front end got sqirrely again, nailed 3rd for a bit and let off. He grabbed the A pillar and exclaimed "It's too fierce, I don't like it!" He was used to his Festiva, rofl! This was with the original intake setup and 13* cam timing.

Here is our 2005 meet, and my car was the first up- with Josh narrating and Ben as the heckler. Just sucks my cat was plugged then (that's fixed now )

Footage we shot from the 2005 60V6 Meet at some dragstrip in Indiana whose name I can't remember. Driving the Z34 is pocket-rocket, the black Grand Prix, me,...

BTW, I hate how cars look so slow on video...
          Last edited by pocket-rocket; 09-24-2009, 06:38 PM.
          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
          91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
          92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
          94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
          Originally posted by Jay Leno
          Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

that was one helluva mustang! but what the hell was with the guy in the avenger?? did he win anything that day? lol

Comment

It was test and tune night. His car was stock besides aesthetic mods and it was an auto. At least it was a 420a
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

laugh if you will, but aside from a cool number, lol, whats a 4 20,eh?

Comment

A Chrysler engine used in the DSMs and Chrysler cars. It's a 2.0l DOHC 16 valve engine. I don't remember what year Mitsubishi started using them in the DSMs, but they were the ones you got if you didn't get a turbo car (that had the 4g63 engine).

Last edited by pocket-rocket; 09-24-2009, 09:17 PM. Reason: was wrong on engine size, and posted a pic
                  -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

hey thats the same motor my neon had!! god i hated that car. it was cool in the winter though, except that it never had power steering.

Comment

For 200 you could have one of my 3.1's.... but you'd have to come get it or arrange for shipping.
                      Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Where are you at? I'm about 35 miles NW of Des Moines, Iowa. I can come to either Iowa boarder to get it, but you'd have to meet me there.
                        1988 Grand Prix - project
                        1999 Ford Explorer 4x4 - daily driver
                        sigpic

Comment

you could get another 3.1/2.8 for dirt cheap at the junk yard locally. i gave mine to a guy for free a few years ago.. and it only had 30-40K on it.. lol
                          Past Builds;
                          1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                          1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                          Current Project;
                          1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingWeToddDid View Post
                            hey thats the same motor my neon had!! god i hated that car. it was cool in the winter though, except that it never had power steering.
                            Except the Neons have a reverse flow version. The intake is on the front and the exhaust is on the rear, vs exhaust on the front and intake on the rear for DSMs. I've no idea why they did that either...
                            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Grand Prix View Post
                              Where are you at? I'm about 35 miles NW of Des Moines, Iowa. I can come to either Iowa boarder to get it, but you'd have to meet me there.
                              Michigan, 39 minutes north of Detroit.
                              Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X