No announcement yet.

OBD1.5 to OBD1 Conversion Harnesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the second W harness is made and about to be shipped out...

john did a few of something but can't remember what ATM(other than Max and fleenor).

and i'm still trying to come up with a solution to an issue with cardana24's harness.... that thing haunts me to no end.

but i try and keep things somewhat confidential so that the person actually having fun with the vehicles can elaborate.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post

and i'm still trying to come up with a solution to an issue with cardana24's harness.... that thing haunts me to no end.
      Let me know when you want to start messing with it again. The weather is finally making a turn for the better around here.

Have you made one for anyone else that is running a 3.4 engine with the obdI cavalier ecm?

Comment

Originally posted by cardana24 View Post
        Have you made one for anyone else that is running a 3.4 engine with the obdI cavalier ecm?
        no, i'm guessing people don't like messing with the non-weatherproofed ECMs, i know i don't... and other than connectors and the case, it's the exact same ECM as a 1227727, which i have sitting in my wife's car. and the 7727 is almost identical to the 16149396, which is sitting in the MC. so far, you're the only one with an issue so far and also the only one with a 7730... i'm not sure if that's what is causing it or what but maybe john will grace us with his presence on this one since i believe he's done a few 7730s for this.

but i have been playing with max's and fleenor's tunes... even though that has NOTHING to do with the harness...
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

no, i'm guessing people don't like messing with the non-weatherproofed ECMs, i know i don't... and other than connectors and the case, it's the exact same ECM as a 1227727, which i have sitting in my wife's car. and the 7727 is almost identical to the 16149396, which is sitting in the MC. so far, you're the only one with an issue so far and also the only one with a 7730... i'm not sure if that's what is causing it or what but maybe john will grace us with his presence on this one since i believe he's done a few 7730s for this.

but i have been playing with max's and fleenor's tunes... even though that has NOTHING to do with the harness...

If I picked up the 1227727 that you are familiar with would it be easier for you? Or are you thinking I would still have the same problems? Let me know what you want me to do.

Comment

Robert, I have OBD1.5 to 7730 pinout diagram notes from Rodney if that helps. I plan to do a 7730 in the orange car as it doesn't need trans controls...

BTW can manual $DF code run on a 7730? Some guys are running TPI code (IIRC there is even modified/enhanced TPI code) on the 7730 and 60*. But DF works for a 60* out of the box...
            Last edited by IsaacHayes; 03-16-2010, 12:54 PM.
            sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
            1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
            16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
            Original L82 Longblock
            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
            Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
              Robert, I have OBD1.5 to 7730 pinout diagram notes from Rodney if that helps. I plan to do a 7730 in the orange car as it doesn't need trans controls...

BTW can manual $DF code run on a 7730? Some guys are running TPI code (IIRC there is even modified/enhanced TPI code) on the 7730 and 60*. But DF works for a 60* out of the box...
              who's rodney?

i'll take all the help i can get, carson has been waiting for quite some time.

and DF SHOULD run on a 7730 as long as it doesn't try to detect or use the extra RAM that should be there for trannt control...

but if not, A1 has a LOT of the functions that DF does, just a lot of the torque management is removed, though the ability to retard/advance spark in launch mode is still there...
              Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

who's rodney?

i'll take all the help i can get, carson has been waiting for quite some time.

and DF SHOULD run on a 7730 as long as it doesn't try to detect or use the extra RAM that should be there for trannt control...

but if not, A1 has a LOT of the functions that DF does, just a lot of the torque management is removed, though the ability to retard/advance spark in launch mode is still there...

Keep me in the loop.

Comment

Robert, A1 has launch control? Sweet. That was my only reason for wanting to run $DF on a 7730. It was either that or go to the modified TPI code for that feature. People that have gone to the TPI code say it idles better than A1.... Strange.

I'll email you the stuff. Rodney is 3400beretta. (3500 turbo 282 beretta)
                  sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                  1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                  16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                  Original L82 Longblock
                  with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                  Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
                    Robert, A1 has launch control? Sweet. That was my only reason for wanting to run $DF on a 7730. It was either that or go to the modified TPI code for that feature. People that have gone to the TPI code say it idles better than A1.... Strange.

I'll email you the stuff. Rodney is 3400beretta. (3500 turbo 282 beretta)
                    if you can't get two fully hacked and very similar masks to run the same, you need to step back and realize what you're doing wrong...

is that the same rodney that set up eric's car?

and shows all of the torque management stuff that i put into my A1 XDF... if there's more in the code than that, i either didn't understand it or couldn't find it.

obviously DF has a bit more complex stuff, but this should be simple enough to where anyone could understand it and use it effectively.
                    Attached Files
                    Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Working...
                    X