• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale : OBD1.5 to OBD1 Conversion Harnesses

well, it was bound to happen sooner or later, and the time has come:

as per:

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
    If we have an issue with something you post, we will let you know via PM.
    i'm listing the harnesses here (unless one of the mods has an issue with it), that will be made by me as soon as a member wants one. i should be able to start shipping them within a week and it will take me less than 1 day to assemble them and get them headed your way. right now, as soon as i can get ahold of a 16149396 PCM and connectors i can make another harness(technically if you have a w-body, i could send you my harness since the car is pretty much immobile due to legal reasons...)

anybody interested?

EDIT: the latest prices are in my last post.
    Last edited by robertisaar; 09-30-2009, 02:04 PM.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

how much bro???
    Thomas Herring

Comment

damnit, i knew i forgot something...

this is going to depend on a few things: namely what you have already will lower the costs...

these are my costs:

internal plugs from obd1.5 PCM: $36
      pins needed for harness: $23
      all other parts(including the strain reliefs(which if you want to go REALLY cheap, are optional)): $58
      without the strain reliefs: $47

the parts i can't price yet(due to price fluxuations):
      16149396 PCM
      Plugs for the 16149396

now, if you already have the parts, ship them to me(except the 16149396, i wouldn't need it), and i'll knock that off of the total cost.

so, assuming you already have just the 16149396 PCM and the plugs, you could get away with as little as $130(with no strain reliefs) plus whatever it costs to ship everything to you.

some things to note:
      if you're really sure you won't ever want/need your original OBD1.5 PCM again, i can remove the internal plugs and use those instead of buying new ones, that will knock the $36 off of the price.

at this point you're paying a little more than $20 for labor. not bad considering how long it takes to put together(took me almost 8 hours the first time).

obviously, its going to need tuned since there was never a 16149396 hooked up to a 94-95 vehicle. i'm working on the base tune, which WILL need fine tuning for your specific vehicle. i'm working on the pricing for that, but expect it to be ~$90. obviously i'm not your only option for tuning, but thats the ballpark you're looking at with me.

tips: you can get 9396 PCMs in the junkyards. if you can't convince them to sell you just the PCM and its connectors with about 18-24" of wire, then you can head to ebay. 1227727 ECMs used the same connectors and WILL work in this situation. and they are sold there all the time for about $15 plus shipping

i THINK that covers everything...
      Last edited by robertisaar; 08-06-2009, 09:50 PM.
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I have a 94', 3.4 camaro engine in my cherokee, it is 5 speed and I am running the stock 3.4 camaro 5 speed ecm. I have an ecm out of a 92 Z24 cavy, 5 speed. Can you make a harness for me to use the cavy ECM? I am also interesed in the base tune. I am looking for something that would be plug and play until I am ready to do more mods/tuning. You can PM me if this is something you think you can help me with.

Comment

Originally posted by cardana24 View Post
          I have a 94', 3.4 camaro engine in my cherokee, it is 5 speed and I am running the stock 3.4 camaro 5 speed ecm. I have an ecm out of a 92 Z24 cavy, 5 speed. Can you make a harness for me to use the cavy ECM? I am also interesed in the base tune. I am looking for something that would be plug and play until I am ready to do more mods/tuning. You can PM me if this is something you think you can help me with.
          Mine aren't as cheap as Robert's, but are f-body specific

... http://60degreev6.com/forum/f121/93-...d1-swap-t43890
          Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 08-10-2009, 05:50 PM.
          Links:
          WOT-Tech.com
          FaceBook
          Instagram

Comment

i have everything u need to do the job(computer/plugs) but can u put a tune on it if i decided not to go back to orignal pcm?
            Thomas Herring

Comment

you'll have to be more specific, i'm not sure what exactly you're saying.
              Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

i have a 95 GTP.. what do i need to get/do for this to work with my car? im debating if i shall go OBD2 when i put the 96/97 motor in my car or OBD1..
                Robert
                ---------------------------------------------------
                96 Grand Prix SE 3100 202,000 miles
                New Rebuilt 3100
                New Rebuilt 4T60-E
                Exhaust
                Drilled/Slotted Rotors

95 Grand Prix GTP 177,000 miles
                White
                3" Magnaflow Catback
                Lowered 2" Eibach in front Brichmount Rear
                94-96 Hi-Po 5 Stars on 245/50/16

90 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix
                5 Speed Swapped
                Spec Stage 3 Clutch
                230,000 mile Getrag 282
                Emissions Deleted
                Brand new Engine 1,000 Miles
                Fully Custom Built car

Comment

Originally posted by 94GPGTP View Post
                  i have a 95 GTP.. what do i need to get/do for this to work with my car? im debating if i shall go OBD2 when i put the 96/97 motor in my car or OBD1..
                  95 GTPs are already OBD1: it has a removeable PROM. its a MAF system so i really couldn't help with tuning even though i made the 2E XDF(94-95 LQ1)thats on the TunerPro Website(i know nothing about MAF)

you could revert to a 91-93 LQ1 PCM though and you would have a speed-density setup. you would need to add a MAP sensor and it wouldn't hurt to remove the MAF as well since its a bit of a restriction....
                  Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                    95 GTPs are already OBD1: it has a removeable PROM. its a MAF system so i really couldn't help with tuning even though i made the 2E XDF(94-95 LQ1)thats on the TunerPro Website(i know nothing about MAF)

you could revert to a 91-93 LQ1 PCM though and you would have a speed-density setup. you would need to add a MAP sensor and it wouldn't hurt to remove the MAF as well since its a bit of a restriction....
                    if i go 91-93 LQ1 am i losing performance or going to gain? There is a way to tune for 91-93 correct?
                    Robert
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    96 Grand Prix SE 3100 202,000 miles
                    New Rebuilt 3100
                    New Rebuilt 4T60-E
                    Exhaust
                    Drilled/Slotted Rotors

95 Grand Prix GTP 177,000 miles
                    White
                    3" Magnaflow Catback
                    Lowered 2" Eibach in front Brichmount Rear
                    94-96 Hi-Po 5 Stars on 245/50/16

90 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix
                    5 Speed Swapped
                    Spec Stage 3 Clutch
                    230,000 mile Getrag 282
                    Emissions Deleted
                    Brand new Engine 1,000 Miles
                    Fully Custom Built car

Comment

you would remove the MAF, so there would be less restriction on the intake... other than that, i don't see much power being lost or gained simply from switching from $2E to $DF...

SFI doesn't help in the range that the LQ1s make power(and i'm sure someone will try and refute this, but feel free to post a dyno sheet with and without).

94-95 also has some torque management built into it, i imagine to save the tranny. so there can be some gain there if desired.

i can't think of anything else at the moment...
                      Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

well, thanks to a cheaper source of parts, you have the potential to spend less money, YAY!

i added up the total of EVERYTHING except for the 16149396 and its plugs, and came up with about 70 shipped to me.

so new price for the harness, should you supply nothing more than the plugs for the 9396 and the 9396 itself is $95 plus shipping to your door.

my previous statement of you including parts, should you already have them, is STILL valid. meaning the more you have the less you pay.

did that bump up anybody's interest?
                        Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

How long are you going to be doing this for? I recently picked up a 284 for my 95 LQ1, and I figure the best way to run it would be to go to OBD1 as I'm certain the 95 PCM doesn't have anything for manual trannys. With a 284 I shouldn't be worried about the transmission controls that the 95 PCM has right?

Comment

you would be wrong about the 95 PCM... there is a manual transmission option there, although the factory never made use of it.

and from what i can decipher in there, there were also plans to have LQ1 A and F cars.... so, they did miss a bit of potential in there.

but it's your call, with the 91-93 PCM(which would almost literally plug in the way it sits) you have speed density, which means you can ditch the MAF and stick a MAP sensor on it, and on the 94-95 PCM you have the "awesomeness" of SFI, PWM TCC control, MAF-based fueling and spark and i think that's it for differences.

and yes: with a 284, tranny controls mean nothing to you, you actually could run just a regular 7727 ECM instead of the 9396. but i'm getting ahead of myself.
                            Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

well, even if there is an option for the 284 on my 95 PCM... I have no idea how to access/change it. Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                              X