Aluminum Valve Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Valve Covers

I bought a pair of aluminum valve covers for my 60 degree V-6. The problem is that the 'standard' valve cover gaskets do not match the valve covers. Has anyone encountered this problem and found a source for the correct gaskets? Thanks for any help! Earl (605) 717-3120 in South Dakota or echrysler@spe.midco.net

The earlier 2.8/3.1 valve covers will not fit on the newer 3x00 series of engines.

Damn shame actually, but it's a No-Go!

Comment

Alumminum covers for which engine/cylinder head ? Early 2.8 cast iron head can use a Fiero valve cover, but must use the Fiero gasket (same head as the F body 3.1/3.4). The 2.8/3.1 2nd and 3rd design aluminum heads have different gaskets, and the 3100 has yet another style. D

Comment

Thanks, Turbod, you were the winner! The ONLY oddball gasket for ANY 2.8, 3.1, 3.4 is the 1985-88 Fiero.

Strangely, ALL of the heads appear to have the same ridge that the valve cover gasket is supposed to seal to, but the only valve cover gasket that perfectly matches that ridge is the '85-'88 Fiero AND this aluminum aftermarket set of valve covers (which sere sold as fitting the 2.8, 3.1 and 3.4, which they do)- go figure!

Thanks again!

Comment

Pics of these valve covers? I'm running the fireo covers in my blazer and they are a far better cover than the stamped steel crap s-series came from the factory with. I was replacing the gaskets every year and these been holding up a lot better.
          87 3.4 4x4 blazer
          3 inch body lift, t-bar/shackle lift, 31x10.5s

Comment

I have never seen a set of aluminum aftermarket covers for a 2.8. I too, have Fiero covers.
            '86 S10 Blazer 4WD, '87 2.8 with 3.1 crank and pistons, A.R.I. "Stage 2 Cam", Iron Heads with stiffer springs, Holley TBI, Manifold bored to fit the TBI Base(4.3 size), Fiero Covers, MSD Coil, DynoMax Muffler and 2.5 Tailpipe, no cat, Auburn Limited Slip, 3.73 final Drive. 700R. '85 Fiero GT 3.4 Hybrid, relieved top intake and exhaust, 57mm TB, Auto. 3.06 final drive.

Comment

Working...
            X