WTB: Small plugs from 3400 block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Small plugs from 3400 block

After getting my block back from the machine shop I noticed a couple plugs missing. Here are some pics of the plugs Im missing.

The one isnt a plug, it's the oil pressure sending unit, but my sender is located in another place so I need something to plug that hole. I've never seen a sender located in that particular boss so hopefully someone has a plug.

I need these plugs yesterday. I'll pay for overnight priority superfast airmail shipping, I dont care.

Someone has to have a spare block laying around? Anyone?
    Attached Files

Chris.... Those are standard 1/4-18 NPT pipe plugs and can be found at any auto parts or hardware store. Nothing special. You can get them in steel, brass or stainless. Be sure to use teflon tape or thread sealer when you install them.

www.mcmaster.com has stainless plugs P/N 4464K252 for $1.52 each and steel ones P/N 4513K322 for $.65 each.
    MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
    '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5
    http://www.tcemotorsports.com
    http://www.britishcarconversions.com/lx9-conversion

Comment

That is the stock location for the Oil pressure sender for all 3x00's. Mine is there stock.
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

The one on the back and the other one on the front look like where the knock sensors screw in.
        \"NASCAR is an integral part of my life. A part of me died when Dale Earnhardt died.\"

1997 Olds CS 4-door S/C - 183,527 miles
        1999 Chevrolet Lumina 3100 - Wife took it at 158,340 miles
        1989 Volvo 740GL Wagon 2.3 8v - 232,050 miles

Comment

The knock sensor is already screwed into the front in those pictures. And the crankshaft position sensor is already installed aswell. Those are spare plugs that arent used.

Thanks CNCGuy, I'll take a look around and see what I can find. Any material better than another? I'd assume you want the same expansion properties so steel would be best?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris88CL View Post
            Thanks CNCGuy, I'll take a look around and see what I can find. Any material better than another? I'd assume you want the same expansion properties so steel would be best?
            The stock plugs are steel but either will work with no problem. I use a lot of stainless but mostly for the corrosion resistance. Actually, I used brass drain cocks on the Minus One so I have the option of draining the block if I want or need to.
            Attached Files
            MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
            '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5
            http://www.tcemotorsports.com
            http://www.britishcarconversions.com/lx9-conversion

Comment

damn my block was wicked dirty in that picture... LOL...

Got Lope?
              3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
              Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
              Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
              12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Yeah right! You should see my oil pan!
                sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                Original L82 Longblock
                with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
                  Yeah right! You should see my oil pan!
                  My oil pan is nice and shiney now, lol.

Installed it yesterday.
                  Links:
                  WOT-Tech.com
                  FaceBook
                  Instagram

Comment

Oil pan was too dirty in that pic, so I replaced it with a new one... HAHA.. actaully no kidding it did get replaced but that was because I put a 94 beretta on on the motor instead of the 05 one that didnt have the oil level sensor or the right AC mounting.

She's pretty now
                    Attached Files

Got Lope?
                    3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                    Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                    Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                    12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Working...
                    X