No announcement yet.

LF: BOV and Wastegate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the car will have to be here for actual installation, but the manifolds could be built on a bench. Just so happens I have several sets of heads in my garage, in fact one set is from loner666 (from 2002 3400) He sold them to me so I can salvage the LS6 springs off of them. That set is going on the mill to see if I can get them to work with gen1 660's for the fbody crowd. Seems like a lot more people would do the swap if they don't have to change pistons. Then it's just a matter of the DIS mod.
    Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

Comment

Hell those manifolds in the picture would flow awesome compared to the stock manifolds for N/A as well lol. Stock is pretty sad. 3500 "shorty header" manifolds are pretty good, and the 3900 ones are really good, really long primaries for a stock manifold.
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
        Hell those manifolds in the picture would flow awesome compared to the stock manifolds for N/A as well lol. Stock is pretty sad. 3500 "shorty header" manifolds are pretty good, and the 3900 ones are really good, really long primaries for a stock manifold.
        Yeah, similar to 3500 and 3900 is what I meant by "tubular manifolds". The 3800's got stock tubular manifolds like that in their later years in the fbod. I would think the 35/3900 manis would do good with boost because of heat retention.
        Links:
        WOT-Tech.com
        FaceBook
        Instagram

Comment

Hey John..if you could have up two manifolds like IsaacHayes mentioned that would be perfect..i have flanges to bolt it to the head to send down to weld everything up..PM me and let me know what you can do for me..
          1994 Chevy Corsica. Parted out. Just a rotting shell now
          Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
          Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
          1997 Ford Ranger Splash
          Daily Driver

Comment

Send em down, and I'll get some weld els. Flanges would save some time. I'll PM you a price (after I see the cost of the els) - you gave me a good deal and I told you I would return the favor . Too bad I didn't know about this before I just paid you for the heads
            Links:
            WOT-Tech.com
            FaceBook
            Instagram

Comment

lol..yea i know how u feel..i didnt know it till earlier myself..i wasnt quite expecting a bill quite that high

ive located a few parts between here/other forums/ebay..some im waiting to see and some im waiting to here back from
              Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
              Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
              1997 Ford Ranger Splash
              Daily Driver

Comment

BUMP

still looking
                Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
                Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
                1997 Ford Ranger Splash
                Daily Driver

Comment

Original L82 Longblock
                  with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

You are so helpful, but where the hell were you when I was buying my shortblock? lmao You showed me car-parts.com right after it got delivered. Found 3500's from them for around $400 delivered, low miles
                    Links:
                    WOT-Tech.com
                    FaceBook
                    Instagram

Comment

show off..lol..im trying to stay away from the DSM ones unless i really have too as ive heard both good and bad about them
                      Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
                      Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
                      1997 Ford Ranger Splash
                      Daily Driver

Comment

FF: Well you don't have to worry about starter issues with the rwd block. So hush!

At those prices a DSM BOV is too cheap not to try! hehe
                        Original L82 Longblock
                        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

$5K, are you sure you are to clumsy to do it yourself? For that much you can buy a plasma cutter, a good Mig welder and the necessary materials and still have about $2K left over. At $35 per U-bend you should be getting stainless steel, not aluminized and I would be concerned about that because you'll be dealing with some serious heat. Do your research and maybe get a part list from them and buy the parts yourself and supply them with it. Sounds like they're going build 2 setups at your expense and sell the second for more profit.

If they have the proper tools they should be able finish it in about two-three days.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Upson View Post
                            $5K, are you sure you are to clumsy to do it yourself? For that much you can buy a plasma cutter, a good Mig welder and the necessary materials and still have about $2K left over. At $35 per U-bend you should be getting stainless steel, not aluminized and I would be concerned about that because you'll be dealing with some serious heat. Do your research and maybe get a part list from them and buy the parts yourself and supply them with it. Sounds like they're going build 2 setups at your expense and sell the second for more profit.

If they have the proper tools they should be able finish it in about two-three days.

I'm going to make sure loner666 doesn't pay that much, even if he has to make the 2hr trip!
                            FF: Well you don't have to worry about starter issues with the rwd block. So hush!

At those prices a DSM BOV is too cheap not to try! hehe
                            EH?!?! The 3500's I looked at have the starter on the wrong side for me, lol. The FWD block will be going in my car in the near future, but for now, let's see what the 3.4 can do. But if I had seen that site before I bought the 3.4, I could have bought a tubular k and a 3500 for what I have into the current hybrid combo .
                            Links:
                            WOT-Tech.com
                            FaceBook
                            Instagram

Comment

Ah ok, I thought you were saying you'd go full 3500 if you got one. Just would of saved you money vs sourcing all the different parts. Got ya.
                              Original L82 Longblock
                              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Ah ok, I thought you were saying you'd go full 3500 if you got one. Just would of saved you money vs sourcing all the different parts. Got ya.
                                Yes, I was. A 3500 from that site and a tubular k member would have cost a little more than the 3.4 shortblock and 3500 top end I got!!!

3500 top end $300 + shortblock $400 = $700 (plus the JY pushrods, valve covers, bolts etc, prob another $100+)

3500 engine $325 + tubular k $475 = $800 (plus 7x reluctor, TB etc, prob another $200)

Full 3500 in a 18yr old fbod = PRICELESS
                                Links:
                                WOT-Tech.com
                                FaceBook
                                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X