LF: BOV and Wastegate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LF: BOV and Wastegate

I need a BOV and Wastegate for my turbo setup but i cant afford new right now..i jsut got back from getting a 5k quote to have my turbo installed so i need to try knocking that price down quite abit and this are some big hitters on the parts pricing

could also use flanges, coupler, clamps, etc

if you got anything let me know
    1994 Chevy Corsica. Parted out. Just a rotting shell now
    Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
    Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
    1997 Ford Ranger Splash
    Daily Driver

5K to weld up some manifolds? OUCH. I would look elsewhere. That's insane.

Hell buy Scott0999's setup for less than that!!!!
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Originally posted by loner666 View Post
      I need a BOV and Wastegate for my turbo setup but i cant afford new right now..i jsut got back from getting a 5k quote to have my turbo installed so i need to try knocking that price down quite abit and this are some big hitters on the parts pricing

could also use flanges, coupler, clamps, etc

if you got anything let me know
      You didn't get a quote from me 5k is a bit much. You could bring your car down here and leave it for a few days .
      Links:
      WOT-Tech.com
      FaceBook
      Instagram

Comment

thats everything..parts and labor..i would get Scotts but its made for a cavy so it wont quite fit my car..i had him make me a crossover a while back and it didnt fit..huge ass 4t60e was part of the reason
        Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
        Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
        1997 Ford Ranger Splash
        Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          You didn't get a quote from me 5k is a bit much. You could bring your car down here and leave it for a few days .

what kinda deal you gonna give me? thats a bit of a drive to do right now but if you wanna do it for less then i can see what i can do
          Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
          Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
          1997 Ford Ranger Splash
          Daily Driver

Comment

He was including a turbo for that? Full headers? 419 stainless? Exactly what did you get for 5k?
            Links:
            WOT-Tech.com
            FaceBook
            Instagram

Comment

no turbo and boring log style exhaust manifolds..not sure on what kind of piping i just know aluminum..$35 a U bend (apparently they dont bend there own pipe) clamps,couplers,flanges, custom made intercooler..everything but a turbo mostly..but i did find a few parts laying around that i can use to knock a couple hundred off but still need alot more taken off to afford it
              Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
              Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
              1997 Ford Ranger Splash
              Daily Driver

Comment

Aluminized mild steel is the cheapest of all. Most places don't bend their own mendrels. I can make exhaust bends at my friends shop, but mendrels are better.

If you are looking to get turbo charged and upgrade later, the stock exhaust manifolds to a y-pipe and the downpipe to the stock exhaust location is how I did my first kit. Using an e-bay turbo, it cost me somewhere between $1k and $1500 for all the parts. Let me see what I can work up for you and send you a PM. Lots of pics of the car would help since the kits I have made in the past were for fbodies.

BTW: To your origional question, I used a TIAL and HKS knock-off BOV/WG on that first kit, and didn't have any problems with them. The BOV was $45 and the WG was $150 both new from e-bay, but I haven't seen many knock-offs there lately.
                Links:
                WOT-Tech.com
                FaceBook
                Instagram

Comment

PS, $35 a ubend for what size? There are plenty of suppliers out there that are far less than that. 14ga 2.5" mild steel 180* bends are about $25 and 16ga is less (but not ideal for a turbo kit).
                  Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 10-15-2007, 05:24 PM.
                  Links:
                  WOT-Tech.com
                  FaceBook
                  Instagram

Comment

i had knock offs last time and was hoping for better this time but may not matter..if i could get the bov,wastegate, and the manifolds done before hand that will help take a decent chunk out right there..ill try to deschiper the list they gave me and post it up..half of it is english half is spanish
                    Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
                    Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
                    1997 Ford Ranger Splash
                    Daily Driver

Comment

Half english half spanish... lol I think FF could build you just as good setup if not better for less than 5k! Scott's old setup used the log manifolds but his new one he will be building better. Best and easiest to make would be shorty style header with just a few short primaries angled into decent sized logs that goes up to the turbo. Full long headers would take a lot of room and I'm not sure what benefit it would have with a turbo.
                      Original L82 Longblock
                      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

im looking for something similar to this and im happy..i think this is Shamsy's setup

Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
                        Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
                        1997 Ford Ranger Splash
                        Daily Driver

Comment

Yes that's good enough. Better than the stock logs and gets the job done just perfectly.
                          Original L82 Longblock
                          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
                            Yes that's good enough. Better than the stock logs and gets the job done just perfectly.
                            That looks like a fairly easy task, too. Yes short headers are better for a turbo, but with smooth flowing bends. The more heat and gasses, the better. I have seen good results from stock tubular manifolds hacked and welded for a tubo to sit on it, but that was in TT situation, not really feasable for a single.

Here's a the last kit assembled out of the car...

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...ods/?start=all

EDIT:

Originally posted by loner666 View Post
                            im looking for something similar to this and im happy..i think this is Shamsy's setup

Is there enough room between the firewall and head for a log?
                            Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 10-15-2007, 07:19 PM.
                            Links:
                            WOT-Tech.com
                            FaceBook
                            Instagram

Comment

Of course there is, the stock manifolds on 3100's are logs with a cross over. Stock manifolds on these cars have been modded so that the downpipe is blocked off and the turbo is in the center of the crossover. It works but not the greatest for flow.

I would tweak that design above, the bend on the left of the pic I would make more angled and shorter, and try to get the other bends angles more, so there is less chance that the gas pulses would ran into each other. Make it so they all are going at like 45* angles or sharper into the log tube so the flow is all perfect in one direction to the turbo.

Having a car there though would be essential I would think though as there is too many other things to measure and look for. If it's there you know what to do.
                              Original L82 Longblock
                              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Working...
                              X