Fuel Pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pumps

I know you all like walbro fuel pumps, anyone tried one of these?

The Racers Edge Performance - TRE 255 LPH Fuel Pumps offers new ford mustang, chevrolet camaro, and import performance fuel pumps similar to the Walbro 255 lph, at cheap discount wholesale prices, including fuel pumps similar to walbro 255lph for all model cars, domestic and import.

This company looks pretty good, pump and the kit for the camaro looks like they should work...right? And with a 1 year warranty I don't think I can really lose. Haven't seen any other companies offer one, but then again, haven't looked all that hard.

Also, sorry if this in the wrong thread, believe that the people here in the forced induction part would use these higher flow pumps more .
    Last edited by Z26-T; 04-10-2008, 07:05 PM.
    You may or may not know 10 times what i do.
    ASE Master certified. Just means I can take tests. GM ASEP Graduate.
    95' Z26, ported/cammed 3400/3500, OBD2, 282, T3T4. Boxes almost all empty..

looks like a walbro to me... I would not bother with anything other then what everyone runs... There is a reason everyone runs a walbro (walbro also makes holley pumps)

S
    Shane "RedZMonte"
    2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
    1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
    -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
    2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
    1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
    1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
    1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
    1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

I'll try this one for $30 cheaper than a walbro. Probably end up kicking my butt for doing it, but ill let you guys know how it goes and how bad it is to install.

Comment

The Walbro 255HP's can be found for about $99 and are proven to work well. There are a lot of cheaply made knock offs out there though. The knock offs tend to fail quickly. This is not a job you want to do twice. Dropping the fuel tank to install a fuel pump really sucks.

Tim
        1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
        325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

even the good walbro pumps have a high failure rate.. i'd never use one in my car.

I'd find a AC Delco pump made for a Sy/Ty or maybe a L67 and use that.. I'm currently running a 160LPH Camaro pump and it's doing great.
          Past Builds;
          1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
          1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
          Current Project;
          1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Already got the cheap one and am about to put it on my spare sending unit and throw it in my car, I see it this way, I have a 1 year warranty incase it goes bad, if it does ill just replace it again. Fuel pumps always have a high failure rate when you run them empty. The fuel in ther helps to keep them cool and helps to stop the electric motor from burning up...

I've seen after market pumps go for years, and I've seen them go for only a few months, same with manufacturer parts.

But yeah, you guys are probably right that these not name brand ones are made more cheaply, and probably do have a higher failure rate. So i'll take one for the team and test this one out for the next know it all like me . When it fails, which im sure it will, ill bring this thread back to life and letcha know how she did. But I agree with you Dave, nothing beats OEM parts.

Comment

I find that an aftermarket pump never lasts as long as a stock pump...

Fuel pump is a pretty crucial part for getting your ass home.
              95 Beretta- Lg8 Daily Driver
              94 Beretta z26- First ever 5-speed 3500 L body- In the works.

Comment

Bosch pumps are the best pumps you can get. They even out last ,outflow the walbros. When you put them side by side theres no comparison.

The late 80s and early 90s ford F-series truck pumps are great upgrades. The Porche CFI Bosch pumps flow about 290lph. All can be had at the Junk yard or the parts store. Some Audi cars had 200lph pumps I think.
                88 Beretta GTU turbo . 90 Black ASC/McLaren TGP, awaiting 4t80. 2003 Grand AM se 3400/4t45 daily grind.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                  I find that an aftermarket pump never lasts as long as a stock pump...

Fuel pump is a pretty crucial part for getting your ass home.
                  I had to read that twice to see what you meant, first I thought you said that market pumps never last as long as aftermarket. But that's what I get for skim reading :P.

I totally agree. When I worked in an aftermarket shop we were replacing things like pumps, starters, etc. quite routinely when they were using aftermarket. Now that I only deal with OEM replacement parts from GM, I rarely ever see the same vehicle come in twice with the same problem due to a faulty part.

I'll try this cheap one first and see how it goes, if I have any problems I'll switch to something else. I'm not so sure about the bosch pumps, I'll have to read in about them, but I know for a fact that the walbro pumps are good. That's what a lot of the guys use in their dragsters around here.

I looked the pump over pretty good and looks identical to all the walbros i've seen. Even the color is the same. It's possible that this pump is a walbro, but it's more possible that it's not .

Comment

I have had the same pump in my Fiero for about a year now. Can't complain so far. About as noisy as a Walbro too... I work at a performance shop, and the Walbros seem come apart/die fairly often. I'm probably going to try and mount a Bosche 044 pump in my tank when I re-do the fuel system again.
                    1988 Fiero Formula - 3400sfi with an intercooled 60trim, Haltech, water/meth
                    1990 Mitsu Eclipse GSX - parted out
                    1991 Galant VR4 #108/2000 - Slammed sedan, built everything
                    1995 Kawi Ninja zx7r
                    1992 S10 4x4 - lowered/bagged, the dd
                    2004 450R MX quad

Comment

I'm going to try an Aeromotive A1000 for the TT build...

Got it refurbished with the filter for $320, came off a 9sec GN.
                      Links:
                      WOT-Tech.com
                      FaceBook
                      Instagram

Comment

That's purdy...

Comment

i have had my first walbro die after only 5000 miles and almost always a full tank

trying the walbro/racetronix kit this go around

Comment

So it's basically a hit and miss with even the walbros.

Comment

Just something to look at.
                              You can also run pumps in series like the fords. One pusher pump and the primary pump. It will not increase the flow rate of both pumps but KEEP the same flow rate at higher pressures because the pumps work less to push the fuel.

That Aeromotive pump is a good score!
                              88 Beretta GTU turbo . 90 Black ASC/McLaren TGP, awaiting 4t80. 2003 Grand AM se 3400/4t45 daily grind.

Comment

Working...
                              X