Compressor A.R.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compressor A.R.

I have a turbo[Schwitzer] with H trim comp. and P trim turbine .84 ar . What is an easy method to determine the compressor a.r; I know what ar is just need an easy way to measure ar since it isn't on the comp.

Originally posted by ezrollin View Post
    I have a turbo[Schwitzer] with H trim comp. and P trim turbine .84 ar . What is an easy method to determine the compressor a.r; I know what ar is just need an easy way to measure ar since it isn't on the comp.
    Pics?
    3800 S3 intercooled turbo...

Comment

Man, where do you find all these turbos? Or are you shopping still? I don't know if it's the same with all turbos, but Garretts you have to measure the in/ex-ducer of the comp wheel and do the math.
      Links:
      WOT-Tech.com
      FaceBook
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        Man, where do you find all these turbos? Or are you shopping still? I don't know if it's the same with all turbos, but Garretts you have to measure the in/ex-ducer of the comp wheel and do the math.

Measuring the wheel gives you the wheel trim.

The A.R. is a measurment of the housing, and I have diagrams that show how it has to be measured, I'm not exactly sure how to go about measuring it accuratly.

If you have maximum Boost, I beleive it shows the diagram in there, I know for sure Turbochargers has it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Raven View Post

The A.R. is a measurment of the housing, and I have diagrams that show how it has to be measured, I'm not exactly sure how to go about measuring it accuratly.

If you have maximum Boost, I beleive it shows the diagram in there, I know for sure Turbochargers has it.
          OOPS! Re-read the first post and realized =p.
          Links:
          WOT-Tech.com
          FaceBook
          Instagram

Comment

This is one I picked up for a mild boost 305 sbc but decided I'd boost a 3.4 to have something unique and I'd have to change the sbc heads . No pics but could get some.Yes I do have Maxboost,will check and see if I can figure a way to make an accurate measurement.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Raven View Post

Raven, A/R I am sure you know is just a geometric characteristic...measuring it may mean nothing...
              post the pic, how do you know the other specs...?
              3800 S3 intercooled turbo...

Comment

The turbine ar is on the housing. I took the turbo apart and measure it with digital calipers.I'll dig out the digital camera atake some pics.

Comment

Working...
                X