electric superchargers on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric superchargers on ebay

I for one hope Im in the right area for my question!Electric superchargers; Are there any gains from these pos's, Im only looking for a tiny bit more air in the upper rpm's.Im sure they load up the alt countering some effect.But could there be a little gain for an already powerful engine.Any #s for dyno runs.Please help Im debating this idea!

Originally posted by Timothy View Post
    I for one hope Im in the right area for my question!Electric superchargers; Are there any gains from these pos's, Im only looking for a tiny bit more air in the upper rpm's.Im sure they load up the alt countering some effect.But could there be a little gain for an already powerful engine.Any #s for dyno runs.Please help Im debating this idea!
    My guess is that your gains will be about negative 5hp! Don't waste your money.
    Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

Comment

Chances are good your engine will consume more air than any electric blower fan can push. Maybe it'd help a smidge at low RPM but once the engine needs more air than these fans can give then it becomes a power-draining restriction.

This subject is covered on the myth section here: http://60degreev6.com/showthread.php?t=24953

Before anyone brings up the leafblower-dyno vid, keep in mind that leafblower is running at several amps at 120VAC. That kind of electrical power would strain a vehicle's power system drastically.
      1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

I thought the leaf blower video used a gas motor leaf blower?

Any route a gas powered leaf blower is way more powerful than a tiny electric fan any day.

I'm just waiting to hear about someone remote mounting a gas powered leaf blower under their car. LOL talk about red-neck turbocharging!!
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

That's almost as bad as the PVC ducting I saw on a turbo Toyota pickup once!
          Links:
          WOT-Tech.com
          FaceBook
          Instagram

Comment

don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i started a tread about electric superchargers and i got 2 pages of negative responces(aka they suck balls). just go to see treads i have posted select electric superchargers and have fun reading.
            Last edited by alainman15; 03-14-2007, 10:53 PM. Reason: not enough!!!!!!!!!!
            Cars beaten in 1/4 mile: 06 Honda Civic DX
            love my 3400

check out my car at cardomain.com
            search "alainman15"

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              That's almost as bad as the PVC ducting I saw on a turbo Toyota pickup once!

Almost? I *used* to have a turbo cougar and when the turbo blew the oil seal, I went to home depot and bought a 2.5" 45* elbow and an 8" piece of pipe. Cost? Under $5. Looks on peoples faces when they seen my turbo bypass? PRICELESS!!!
              Oh, and on the electric leaf blower supercharger, as everyone says, dont waste the money.
              Tuning a car is full of compromises. You must decide if you are willing to give up either reliability, performance, or a whole load of cash. Also remember that repairs will seem to come up much more often as you strive for even more performance

Comment

Working...
              X