Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, go with the LQ1. Facing forward, you have some interesting intake options. Of course, you would have to custom make one.
    If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
    sigpic

Comment

I was merly making a sugestion now I will have to carry baggage.

I will always love the LQ1.
      I am back

Mechanical/Service Technican

Comment

For gas milage though, I can't honestly tell you to put a 3.4 DOHC in there I would use a 3500 personally and make it work RWD. Its like a 3400 but better all around. Also, the DOHC engine weighs more. I dunno on the 3.5 or whatever, Its not a 60V6 so I don't know a whole lot about it.

Tuning is going to be the biggest issue. I dunno how well the stock ECM will work for a RWD application. The older OBD1 setups from 88-93/95 that are programmable would be the easiest way to go. The OBD2 option would be best with a programmer as you would keep SFI.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

this is a hotrod, not a minivan, mpg doesn't cohabitate with a hotrod.
          26+6=1

Comment

I was out of town for the weekend without internet mind you, it was tramatic.

The DOHC does look cool, but I agree with Sappy, too much weight and complexity.

A gen 3 3.4 with a T5 seems to be the ticket. Light simple and probably cheap. But in reality it will depend on what I can find cheap.

Comment

car-part.com for the motor or ebay... perhaps...
              sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
              1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
              16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
              Original L82 Longblock
              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
              Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Working...
              X