This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some ppl have bad taste

So this car comes around the corner by my house yesterday and I almost pissed myself I was laughing so hard. It was rattling like crazy from the bass, had a stupid fart can exhaust, his taillights looked like shit. Then came the rims LOL! Don't get me wrong they are nice they just look like shit on that mustang.

It amazes me that people will pay thoundsands for wheel / tire combos that don't look as good as the stock setup .Even taking difference of taste into consideration it must be evident that certain wheels clash with certain car body lines.I personally don't care for most after market wheels and think money could be better spent.

Comment

Agreed!

Comment

"It was rattling like crazy from the bass,"

Body Harmonics.......
        If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
        sigpic

Comment

Like the trunk and body panels shaking from all the bass.

Comment

Originally posted by RednBlack View Post
            "It was rattling like crazy from the bass,"

Body Harmonics.......
            Somethingelse I never understood........

Comment

Yea I know. Like I see all these brand new cars driving around. And it sounds like the panels are gonna rattle right off. But then I don't know if its the same will all of our cars. but my 95 Z don't rattle at all, and you cant even really hear the bass unless your in it. Even when its almost full volume. No rattle nothing and its 16 years old with 405,000 km (251,655 miles) on it.

Comment

why is it considerd bad taste? becuase it isnt somthing you would drive? think of it this way back in the day when they started chopping the tops off mercurys people said it looked stupid.....if we all had the same taste all cars would look the same there would be no options for cars and there would be no such thing as custom cars

Comment

its cause those guys pay all this money for loud ass sound systems but dont pay the extra money for the sound deadner.....wich makes ur base louder by the way

Comment

i have 2 composite 6X9s in the package shelf of the MC(as do all 95-99 MCs) getting powered by a 2 channel Depth Charge amp, roughly 50watts in each channel, and at far less than 100% volume, it hurts the hell out of my ears, i don't quite understand why anyone would need to go louder than that....
                    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                    Latest nAst1 files here!
                    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

It's hurting their's too,they just don't know it yet !!!

Comment

Originally posted by king4u253 View Post
                        why is it considerd bad taste? becuase it isnt somthing you would drive? think of it this way back in the day when they started chopping the tops off mercurys people said it looked stupid.....if we all had the same taste all cars would look the same there would be no options for cars and there would be no such thing as custom cars
                        Do not be mistaken. That ^^^was a case of absolute bad taste.

I can appreciate the need for originality, but lets face it. Wheres the custom originality or classiness in this. Its just another goofy "me-too" in a world full of awkward, silly looking "me-too's". Im sure that if there was a popular trend to slather your head in stinky "doo-doo", then the same defending argument could apply there as well. (And no doubt, this guy would probably be walking around with a head full of shit)

In this particular case, its pretty bad when a fad actually begins to interfere with the functionality of a car. "Donkin" as the kids like to call it now-a-days (or oversized "ghetto-trash" rims like I call it) is absolutely detremental to caster sweep, braking ability and safety since most guys do nothing more than just half-ass cram "gimungous" wheels under an otherwise stock car. I actually saw where someone in my neighborhood murdured a 87 Buick GNX with this kinda garbage. It really broke my heart. It looked like a ghetto'd out, demasculated roller-scate or something.

Ya know, I can remember back when I was a kid, lowriders were hip. They used to put those little, itty-bitty gladiator spoke wheels that used to stick out of the wheel-wells. They stuck those hideous things on mini-trucks, econo-boxes and uber-sized sedans alike. The end product was sever linkage and A-arm damage resulting bad camber and "shit-on-me" vehicle handeling. Im surprised that none of the manufacturers got sued. It wasnt long before they started popping up junk-yards after the fad wore off and people realized just how troublesome they really were (not to mention how truely goofy they looked)

I laugh at it to this day. This ^^^^is no different.
                        Took a break from working on the car. Got some better tools, got a better shop, got a better job... Its time to burn metal!

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Driver View Post
                          It's hurting their's too,they just don't know it yet !!!
                          Invest in hearing-aid manufacturer stocks. Youll make a fortune in the next 20 years.
                          Took a break from working on the car. Got some better tools, got a better shop, got a better job... Its time to burn metal!

Comment

I remember back in the day when I had stereo systems like that in my cars.
                            It seems it took longer to install deadener,weatherstripping,rubberized undercoat etc.. as it did to install the actual system.
                            I'm an old fart now,and i'm just happy to be able to operate the factory stereo.
                            Our newest vehicle,I couldn't figure out how to work the satellite. So I pushed a button and a nice lady told me how. Of course I got lost while I was trying to figure it out,so I pushed it again and gave another rather standoffish woman my destination.
                            Then after she hung up,another lady started telling me how to get to my address.
                            She wasn't as nice as the other lady though,and wouldn't respond to me when I told her I wanted to go to the"Steak and Ale" NOT the "Shaft and Tail".
                            She just wanted me to keep making u-turns.

Comment

Originally posted by Driver_10 View Post
                              Do not be mistaken. That ^^^was a case of absolute bad taste.

I can appreciate the need for originality, but lets face it. Wheres the custom originality or classiness in this. Its just another goofy "me-too" in a world full of awkward, silly looking "me-too's". Im sure that if there was a popular trend to slather your head in stinky "doo-doo", then the same defending argument could apply there as well. (And no doubt, this guy would probably be walking around with a head full of shit)

In this particular case, its pretty bad when a fad actually begins to interfere with the functionality of a car. "Donkin" as the kids like to call it now-a-days (or oversized "ghetto-trash" rims like I call it) is absolutely detremental to caster sweep, braking ability and safety since most guys do nothing more than just half-ass cram "gimungous" wheels under an otherwise stock car. I actually saw where someone in my neighborhood murdured a 87 Buick GNX with this kinda garbage. It really broke my heart. It looked like a ghetto'd out, demasculated roller-scate or something.

Ya know, I can remember back when I was a kid, lowriders were hip. They used to put those little, itty-bitty gladiator spoke wheels that used to stick out of the wheel-wells. They stuck those hideous things on mini-trucks, econo-boxes and uber-sized sedans alike. The end product was sever linkage and A-arm damage resulting bad camber and "shit-on-me" vehicle handeling. Im surprised that none of the manufacturers got sued. It wasnt long before they started popping up junk-yards after the fad wore off and people realized just how troublesome they really were (not to mention how truely goofy they looked)

I laugh at it to this day. This ^^^^is no different.
                              I remember those cars, lol.

I know the ideal size increase over stock rim size is no larger than 2" over stock, if you ask a proper rim installer, like Tire Rack. It's because of the key points you mentioned already (although you added one I didn't realize, which was caster sweep, but knew about braking and safety).

You guys should see some of the cars around here... Not just big rims, but absolutely ugly looking as well. I have no idea how people can consider them to be good looking.
                              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                              Originally posted by Jay Leno
                              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
                              X