Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first car, paid $1 for it and got my money worth. Also my first and last honda, 80 accord lx 3 door 5 speed. Came out of a 77 GMC with a 400 SB to that crap cause by the time I was 14 if I would gotten one more ticket I wouldn't have ever gotten my licenses. Wound up having to buy a $50 wrecked parts car to keep the POS running. I can tell you for a fact a 80 and a 81 look identical and even have the same motor size and same tranny but hardly any parts will swap out without major work. After that I said no FWDs ever again and had stuck with it. Heck only had a handful of non race cars since. I'm nice and happy with RWD and some type of truck or truck based suv.
    87 3.4 4x4 blazer
    3 inch body lift, t-bar/shackle lift, 31x10.5s

Comment

1980 Dodge Colt only mine wasn't an RS. Traded the family boat for it. So slow that it couldn't even bury the 85 MPH speedo. Had a high RPM miss that, back then, I could never diagnosis. Changed head gasket, pressure checked head, valve springs, 2 new distributors, 2 different carbs. It all made no difference. It met it's end while I was away in Philly. I didn't trust the car, so I took Dad's 76 Cutlass. He, in supposedly trying to diagnosis it, decided to do 60 MPH in 2nd gear in my car. Upon my return, I was greeted with a car that had no oil pressure and a misplaced rod bearing. Dad helped find another car.
      Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

Uh, I guess the 77 NOva I still own, but it still cranks up and drives, so I'm not mad at it.

My 97 Lumina's engine I thought was toast, but thanks to this site, it still runs, so I still haven't had an engine go out on anything I have ever driven...yet.

I guess I'm so used to repairing crap that goes wrong on Chevy's, i don't know what a good car is. lol.

I have had Nissan pickups, they were reliable (and underpowered), but I still had to repair components, etc., just like the Chevys.

Comment

I didn't buy it, but first car I drove was an 88 subaru GL station wagon 4wd with like 60hp. You had to floor it a good while before a hill in town and then you'd only get to about 35mph, then you'd slow down to 15mph and barely maintain that up the hill with it floored..... No joke. Other than no power, it wasn't a bad car other than the powersteering pump spraying ATF all over the timing belts and those kept breaking. Non-interference motor though so that was cool. I got a lot of points knocked off my drivers license test because the lady said I could have pulled out into traffic several times just fine when she told me to, but I refused. I kept telling her this car has no power, and we'd get creamed. She said something to the fact that she understood it wasn't a race car but I had plenty of time anyway.... She obviously had never drove such an animal... She also knocked points off for going through a yellow light when "I could have stopped in time". She obviously never had a car with as shitty of brakes as that thing either... LOL you could stand on them all day long and it would stop whenever it decided it felt like it. That car you had to do a lot of planning ahead before making any maneuver ... lol

My Mom owns a 97 Taurus, and that thing is a huge piece of crap... Door switches are all busted so the dome light drains the battery, belts squeel, tie rods are non-greaseable and are going out because of that fact, car runs horrible in cold weather, slow as crap, handless piss-poor, eats oil, and is ugly as sin... My Dad has a 96 Taurus station wagon, and it has all the same problems, except that one actually handles good (?) and has a busted ass transmission that likes to slip and bang gears randomly. Even with steady throttle position it likes to up/down shift all of a sudden all over the place back and forth and rev to hell then slam so hard it feels like you were rear-ended.... God I hate those cars. Both have powersteering pump whine and have gone through several sets of pumps/etc.
          Last edited by IsaacHayes; 10-30-2009, 01:39 PM.
          sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
          1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
          16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
          Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

I'm still debating between my fist car, 91 ford taurus GL and my second gray 90 Taurus SHO(had owned a black 90 SHO before). 91 always had trans problems and went trugh 3 trans and two engines. First engine had bad head gaskets and craked head. Second one tossed a rod. My Gray SHO granaded two trans and leaked oil all the time. Also ate up 3 clutches.
            88 Beretta GTU turbo . 90 Black ASC/McLaren TGP, awaiting 4t80. 2003 Grand AM se 3400/4t45 daily grind.

Comment

Originally posted by talon2swords View Post
              Uh, I guess the 77 NOva I still own, but it still cranks up and drives, so I'm not mad at it.

Easy now, I gots a 78 nova rally, 278 of 1500 chevy orange, 350 auto, ac cars and I'm 2nd owner. I really need to get to work restoring but nobody makes disco nova parts.
              87 3.4 4x4 blazer
              3 inch body lift, t-bar/shackle lift, 31x10.5s

Comment

Hmmm, I've never had a bad car, some not as responsible as they should have been. The Maverick comes to mind...not a bad car though. This is due to a list of over 120 cars. Not one considered bad. Bad ones are the ones others own, and I have to work on.

Best car? 1971 Monte Carlo.........Machine of a dream!
                Worst car? 1973 Monte Carlo....Tranny sucker.
                Favorite Car? 1963 Pontiac Catalina. 4 door hardtop. Babe magnet!

And a Cutlass or 2, a Fiero, and even a Fuego or 4, (don't ask), 64 Thunderbird, 69 Caddy Eldorado, 70 Cougar was nice, older than me though,, 74 Pinto,

I could do this for a long time......None of my cars were bad, just mischievious. Hardest hitter was the 68 Olds Delmont 88. 455 4bbl. This scooter had a problem with rear tires. Maybe it was partly my fault.

Cars are just an inanimate object, till you turn the key.
                If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
                sigpic

Comment

69 Eldorado = FAP, FAP, FAP!!!
                  1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                  Latest nAst1 files here!
                  Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

-my dad borrowed my moms mustang once, it was a 66. he came home after trading her pony for two pintos. lol kinda reminds me of jack and the bean stock

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

Working...
                    X