Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

32v bbc heads with 561cfm flow at .700 lift!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32v bbc heads with 561cfm flow at .700 lift!

anyone ever seen anything like this before? look at that flow!!

its just too bad you dont see more kits like this-if they made shit for 60*s, 4.3's & l67's-YIKES!

so, its still a OHV motor, but now its 4 valves/cylinder? DAMN...

i bet it sounds unlike anything else...
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

yea no kidding-a long time ago i heard someone claim 4 valve pushrod heads would have to be way too complex & would be virtually impossible to machine-i figured that was BS.

thats more impressive than the hemi 4 valve heads for the 350 which also cost $5k apiece.

Comment

That's pretty slick O.o If someone on here were to get a set of those for something, I go shotgun!
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

holy crap!
          Past Builds;
          1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
          1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
          Current Project;
          1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

That is alot of flow to cram into a "2 into 1" header adapter. That would likely end up being the biggest restriction.

But it is interesting for those with rather deep pockets. Add a custom sheet metal intake and this set up could push $15,000 all in.

Comment

There are Pro Stock heads that flow that much, if not more. But they cost just as much as those heads do anyway.
              1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
              1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
              Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

im kinda disappointed-if someones gonna go through all the effort-why not take the extra effort & make em 5 valve heads? more machining time but im sure it could be done & who in the racing world wouldnt want to be able to say they have a 40v 454?

Comment

has any one seen Moser DOHC heads for small block chevy. I have heard about them when I was younger but a few years ago I found a hot rod mag from august 1971 and they had a full article about them

this pic is not from the mag
                  68 El camino 454 speed muncie 3.90 posi 12 bolt,
                  80 Monza Spyder nasty buick 231/3.8l v6 200-4R 3.73 posi.
                  60 Impala 2 door hardtop L79-327 T56 4.11 posi.
                  83 wagoneer torque pig AMC 360 hydradrive (gm turbo 400 with stock sb chrysler bellhousing boltpattern) dana 20 transfer case dana 60 front GM 14 bolt rear. 401 in the wokrs
                  91 Z34 now has a hm284. and belly pan in the works

Comment

in 1971? WOW the aftermarket was forward thinking back then...
                    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                    Latest nAst1 files here!
                    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Yea they even have Hemi Chevy's and Fords
                      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                      Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by betterthanyou View Post
                        Yea they even have Hemi Chevy's and Fords
                        thats fairly simple though, to make a hemispherical combustion chamber compared to what they started with.

succesfully sticking DOHC heads on a OHV block is something i never heard of happening in the 70s...
                        Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

ford had the boss 429 (hemi) 69-70 and a 427 SOHC 64-66 but where factory motors. Smokey Yunick made a chevy 302 hemi 68 and raced in the trans am class, almost 10,000RPM screamer. lets go even farther back in the late 40's Zora Arkus Duntov (if that name sound familar its because he is the one who saved the corvette in the 50's and the duntov 30-30 cam was his design) start selling hemi head conversions for the ford flathead
                          83 wagoneer torque pig AMC 360 hydradrive (gm turbo 400 with stock sb chrysler bellhousing boltpattern) dana 20 transfer case dana 60 front GM 14 bolt rear. 401 in the wokrs

Comment

Originally posted by latemodelnewbee View Post
                            ford had the boss 429 (hemi) 69-70 and a 427 SOHC 64-66 but where factory motors. Smokey Yunick made a chevy 302 hemi 68 and raced in the trans am class, almost 10,000RPM screamer. lets go even farther back in the late 40's Zora Arkus Duntov (if that name sound familar its because he is the one who saved the corvette in the 50's and the duntov 30-30 cam was his design) start selling hemi head conversions for the ford flathead
                            The boss 429 was a semi-hemi, compromise between a wedge and a hemi. And the Sohc was ford running too far in the horsepower race..They had a motor with unmatchable performance and it didnt even gain the popularity and support it deserved. The boss 429 is the same story, a motor built to run in nascar but they had to have the motor in a car, hence the boss 429. These are just the projects that we seen and heard, one can only imagine what they tried and failed at only to be so close...look at the zr1 motor, seems lotus knows how to design a head. I dont think anybody could justify these heads at 10k a set and even if you could, this design has too many complications most engine builders wont deal with. Those pushrod angles mush be insane....they should definatly start casting those heads to drop the cost...I couldnt imagine the amount of machine work involved...

Comment

[QUOTE=look at the zr1 motor, seems lotus knows how to design a head. I dont think anybody could justify these heads at 10k a set and even if you could, this design has too many complications most engine builders wont deal with. Those pushrod angles mush be insane....they should definatly start casting those heads to drop the cost...I couldnt imagine the amount of machine work involved...[/QUOTE]

Pushrods angles? the ZR1 motor (LT5) has no pushrods its a DOHC. unless your talking to new ZR1 which has a LS9 which is basically smaller LS7 with a blower, less pushrod angle than a 3x00
                              the boss 429 is more hemi than the new dodge hemis, the valve lay out is almost identical to a 426 hemi which has been argued isn't a hemi. most people can only agree that the Desoto firedome, Dodge redram, and Chrysler firepower where the only true hemis

Comment

Working...
                              X