X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you buying a new Camero?

any thoughts on the new Camaro?
    I would love to order one.
    Last edited by kyobukan; 03-01-2009, 02:44 PM.

What's a Camero?
    Past Builds;
    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
    Current Project;
    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

I like it and I think it's on the right track albeit a few years late. I would have liked to have seen a stronger version of the 3900 rather than the 3.6L V6 in the base model though. An OHC engine doesn't seem right in a ponycar IMHO. Otherwise it's really the only coupe GM makes that has my attention since the G8 ST was cancelled.

I heard GM axed the SS badge. Are they still making a V8 model? The latest Motortrend points out there might be a Z28 in the future.
      1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
        What's a Camero?
        a camero is the wrong way to spell Camaro

Take your adrenaline to the next level with our lineup of high-performance sports cars, including the mid-engine Corvette and Camaro family.

so are ya buyin one or not?

Comment

Originally posted by kyobukan View Post
          a camero is the wrong way to spell Camaro

Take your adrenaline to the next level with our lineup of high-performance sports cars, including the mid-engine Corvette and Camaro family.

so are ya buyin one or not?

I know.. I was making fun of you before you edited your post

Me? Nope, it does look nice but as a former Fbody owner I just don't see it happening.
          Past Builds;
          1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
          1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
          Current Project;
          1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Looks nice, I don't like the interior though. Should be modern. Just looks wrong... The exterior is not full retro, still has a modern touch so the interior should be modern IMO.

Don't like how heavy they are.

I'd like an LS3 one, but not sure how bad the insurance would kill me. I'd want to DD it, as it would be a new car and I'd want to USE it. If I got an older f-bod I would probably wouldn't DD that though.

I'd love a new car for a DD and I want something nice looking and fast. But right now I'm trying to save up for a house and not shoot myself in the foot by getting more added expenses.
            sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
            1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
            16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
            Original L82 Longblock
            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
            Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

the only one i would buy, personally, would be the LS3/L99 camaro, BUT i still love the 3.6. i can't wait to see what people will do with it in the new camaro.

i think it's funny how the base V6 camaro has more power than the mustang v8.
              \m/ Carlton \m/
              99 formula cam only 6.0, 440rwhp, 4500 stall, dana 60
              03 silverado hd
              sigpic

Comment

actually it has the same, but less torque... nevertheless still the most powerful v6 out of the mustang, charger and camaro... i think the charger has like 160hp? thats pretty bad in a car that weighs around 2 tons...

Comment

i think my uncle has 1 on order from what he was saying. i didnt know you could order yet tho. he wants the SS, but i think he'd be happy with the v6 + an SS emblem haha.
                  the new v6 camaro is rated at more horsepower than my dads corvette so i think its doing pretty good
                  sigpic<---SERIOUS cornering now
                  300NAhp@the wheels....eventually
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/royal455<--new pics of the engine pull on the '94 firebird's page
                  http://www.myspace.com/drfeelgood_80

Comment

Working...
                  X