This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevrolet Citation X-11

I have A chance to by a X11 Citation. Does anyone know anything about them ?? Are they even worth messing with. This is the only one I have ever sceen in person. How is the aftermarket for them and if I do end up with this car. Does anyone have anything laying around. someone tell me anything???

Is it the hatchback or fastback? They are actually pretty good cars, and were the first to get factory "performance" parts for the 60V6. Many of these performance parts became standard issue in later 60V6s. There have been many X11 owners on this site, all with very impressive cars. I'd pick it up in a heartbeat if it was a fastback, and probably pretty quickly as a hatchback if the price was right.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I believe they are pretty lightweight. I don't recall if they are FWD or RWD, regardless I would probably get it if it's in good shape and throw in a gen3 or 4 3x00 for something fast and different.
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

I think instead of fastback, I meant notchback. If it looks like this...

I would pick it up in a heartbeat. The other looks like this...

-Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I like the 2nd one.
          sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
          1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
          16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
          Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

buy it! they are pretty cool cars. hows the body? rust/rot, ect

Comment

i like the hatchback! that things hot! id love to have one of those, or an old z24 hatch back.
              sigpic

Comment

Google Chevrolet Citation, under Wikipedia there is interesting information. There rare cars, I'd buy it. Also check CarDomain often you can find good information.

Comment

i would love a hatch! we had one in our highschool autoshop. they filled it with scrap metal and scraped the car... kinda pissed me off..
                  sigpic
                  88 Beretta CL- 13.641@102.76mph (rwd LS1/t56 conversion in progress)

77 Celica GT- 3400/3500 swap in progress (engine from the beretta)

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
                    I believe they are pretty lightweight. I don't recall if they are FWD or RWD, regardless I would probably get it if it's in good shape and throw in a gen3 or 4 3x00 for something fast and different.
                    FWD. And IIRC they are the lightest FWD cars that take 60v6's. I would also agree, the 2nd one is pretty hot
                    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                    Originally posted by Jay Leno
                    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Kind of a funny looking car but man does that little thing run. I bet that it would give my Z34 a good run. At least the X11 feels Fast ha ha ha

Comment

Looks like a 79 malibu and a early cavalier ran into each other and made a car. i think the 'notchback' looks decent.one of my old mans friends had one of these,2.8 i beleive,all i know is we would be goin down the road about 20 or 30 and he would floor it,and the front tires would burn through out most of 1st and get a little 2nd gear scratch,and we would laugh our asses off! ah,my first 60 degree memories!

Comment

Working...
                        X