Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas has dropped back down to about $3.75/gallon here. Still, that's nothing to brag about if you ask me. Over $100 to fill my car and my truck is just insane if you ask me. It's not like my car has a huge tank and my truck is a full size and I bet the oil rats are still making a big killing on profit.
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
      I'm really lost on why there is a shortage in the central states... I just dont get it.
      Because of a slight hiccup in the fuel supply combined with everyone panicking and filling up their cars all at once, followed by supply in some areas being slow to return to normal due to EPA restrictions in some areas on sulfur content of fuels in those areas (such as the metro Atlanta area). So it's just a big ugly greasy wrench thrown in the works. Thank goodness for public transportation.
      60v6's original Jon M.

Comment

Is there a shortage on milk and bread too? LOL

Hope things get better down there soon.

Got Lope?
        3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
        Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
        Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
        12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

I heard rumor of a gas station in the northern part of the metro area selling gas for nearly $9 a gallon.

I passed two stations today, neither had any - though there were still people lined up. Maybe a delivery was arriving soon?

I need to go to the grocery store tomorrow, hopefully there won't be shortages on things I need. I almost went today, then I realized I tend to see more hot chicks in there on Sundays...
          60v6's original Jon M.

Comment

Originally posted by RidgeRunner View Post
            I need to go to the grocery store tomorrow, hopefully there won't be shortages on things I need. I almost went today, then I realized I tend to see more hot chicks in there on Sundays...
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
              My thoughts exactly... Those people look like a hamster in a ball... and the steps to the basement are just around the corner.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, also the 50mpg is a false advertisement, they get 33mpg city and 40 highway, so they are not ALL that great.

Honestly tho they got good crash test ratings, BUT I would LOVE to see one of those plowed into a Moving SUV of these days... that rating would be 1000000 times different in comparison to hitting a flat surface or a car lower than that.
              This is probably the ONLY SMART I would even think about driving... Heck, I would even own it, lol.

I got the music from here: http://www.youtube.com/trackonerecordingsIf you liked the old song better, you can get it yourself from audioswap - search for "W...

And since I am posting vids, I like these two as well...

1000cc 150Hp go kart..has soo much torque its hard to rip it in a straight line..

Last edited by pocket-rocket; 09-27-2008, 11:49 PM.
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Just to redeem this thread from the "Naked Chicks" post.

Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

Although most stations around here are still hovering around $3.04 for 87 octance, I actually saw a couple stations at $2.97 on the way to work this morning. And with the price of a barrel continuing to decline and refineries coming back up to normal production following the hurricanes, we may just get a dip below $2.50 in the near future.
                  -Brad-
                  89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                  sigpic
                  Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I'm still waiting to see less than 3.38 in CT... its taking way too long if you ask me. I hate this state... Mass is already in the 3.04 range and RI 3.10... Hell RI state taxes are 7 and CT is 6, so wtf is up with my gas prices?!
                    Last edited by 3400-95-Modified; 10-07-2008, 10:25 AM.

Got Lope?
                    3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                    Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                    Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                    12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Over the weekend, our prices dropped from 3.69 to 3.37 for 87 octane. To bad I filled up the day before this happened.

Comment

Originally posted by sprucegagt View Post
                        Over the weekend, our prices dropped from 3.69 to 3.37 for 87 octane. To bad I filled up the day before this happened.
                        Around here your best bet is to wait till after the weekend to fill up as all the stations jack up their prices for weekend drivers. And I think it's around $3.66 for 87 here.
                        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Price is 2.99 here! Holy cow I never thought I'd see a $2.xx price again!

I would be happy with a $2.20 price. I know I threw a fit when gas reached $2.20 and I was driving to college (3hr round trip) but at least it's not TOO bad.
                          sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                          1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                          16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                          Original L82 Longblock
                          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                          Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

i saw one shell station at 3.06. didnt see the others cause i didnt go through that part of town
                            couldnt they have done this one friday when i filled up at 3.25
                            sigpic
                            99 Grand Am GT
                            3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
                            Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
                            1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
                            515 515 lift 112 lsa
                            15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                              Around here your best bet is to wait till after the weekend to fill up as all the stations jack up their prices for weekend drivers. And I think it's around $3.66 for 87 here.
                              Yeah, I know. I just wasn't expecting that big of a drop in price. Then again, it's not like a grand total difference of $4 is all that big.

Comment

No, but it all adds up. Besides, the place I work at closed their doors 2 weeks ago, so every $1 I can stretch right now helps.

EDIT: Saw gas for $2.98 yesterday, but only at 1 station O.O
                                Last edited by pocket-rocket; 10-12-2008, 08:24 AM.
                                -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Working...
                                X