This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about the media and the candidates

i know this subject is touchy but it is an honest question and not a debate.

here is my little story:

on the net, i keep seeing this name ron paul, ron paul. setting records with campaign money but yet accepting nothing from lobbyist and shredding up internet straw polls.

when i turn on the tv i see nothing about him. with the other candidates, there is a balance between internet popularity and tv coverage but this guy doesn't even get a peep even though he seems popular online.

is the mainstream media intentionally "turning a blind eye" to this guy?
    The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Im going to say yes because it happens all the time... dont worry, most of us are slaves just like you... only we're really fucking dumb and dont realize it.

Comment

Originally posted by dohcfiend View Post
      i know this subject is touchy but it is an honest question and not a debate.

here is my little story:

on the net, i keep seeing this name ron paul, ron paul. setting records with campaign money but yet accepting nothing from lobbyist and shredding up internet straw polls.

when i turn on the tv i see nothing about him. with the other candidates, there is a balance between internet popularity and tv coverage but this guy doesn't even get a peep even though he seems popular online.

is the mainstream media intentionally "turning a blind eye" to this guy?
      I'm going to say yes as well. If any of the front running candidates broke campaign fundraising records then you would definitely hear about it. I also think he is the only candidate that may care about America.
      Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

I also think that anything online or media related can be swayed on Ron Paul. I know Ron Paul won’t go on a show for a period of time because he says the media will bully him up. Glenn Beck even offered a full 1 hour long interview segment for Ron to come onto the show and he turned it down. IF YOU CANT STAND TO BE INTERVIEWED ONE ON ONE ON TV HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO BE TAKEN AS A STRONG PRESIDENT? Even Huckabee did a 1/2 hour on Glenn Beck, the largest growing radio show & #1 show on CNN. I find Ron Paul supporters to be garish. They tend to call into radio stations, shout Ron Paul and leave. I also feel that they blog about him non stop and continually and repetitively vote for him for online opinion polls like a teenage girl votes for her favorite boy band on TRL. Also.. I don’t know why but the "smart Ron Paul supporters who advertise with painted sheets” on my local freeways.. Are idiots. A PAINTED BED SHEET WILL NOT CAUSE ME TO VOTE OR SUPPORT YOUR CANDIDATE
        Last edited by cwahl; 12-03-2007, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cwahl View Post
          A PAINTED BED SHEET WILL NOT CAUSE ME TO VOTE OR SUPPORT YOUR CANDIDATE
          Its supposed to make you aware that there is another candidate, not act as the resume... c'mon, people know damn well that you have to take these measures in your country. It's like commercials or anyother kind of advertising, if you dont do it people dont know who you are or what you have.
          As a side note... It's entirely possible that going on whatever show you metioned was just an invitation to get made an idiot of... who wants to sign up for that.

Comment

its not just not going on glenn beck tho. its the fact that he wont go on ANY show

Comment

Originally posted by cwahl View Post
              IF YOU CANT STAND TO BE INTERVIEWED ONE ON ONE ON TV HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO BE TAKEN AS A STRONG PRESIDENT?
              The same reasoning could be used against any of the candidates.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...13-tavis_N.htm

Note that Paul agreed to attend the debate but the front runners didn't. How does that show your strength as president? You'll accept a one on one interview (with likely a friendly interviewer) but will decline a public debate were you have to stand your ground.

Comment

interviews can be done at any hour any time and any place with a phone or satellite feed. set functions to make fundraising money are hard to change if the date is set. money is my argument and seeing as how i am from az and i do support mccain makes sense (but he is in financial trouble so he must be free)

Comment

I take it you didn't read the article. If so you would of noticed that debate organizers tried to reschedule but both Romney and Giuiani automatically declined. Schedule conflict on the first date I can understand, but not for a reschedule.

Comment

Never heard of Ron Paul. I would vote for Ron Jeremy though!

Comment

Originally posted by sprucegagt View Post
                      The same reasoning could be used against any of the candidates.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...13-tavis_N.htm

Note that Paul agreed to attend the debate but the front runners didn't. How does that show your strength as president? You'll accept a one on one interview (with likely a friendly interviewer) but will decline a public debate were you have to stand your ground.
                      ..x2
                      The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

Working...
                      X