Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rice weighing less then beef. Last time I checked, thats good when trying to build a race car. So crack all you want, its an advantage to weigh less. You will probably try to argue still though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun41178 View Post
      go to honda tech in their forced induction forum. Pic any random thread and I bet the car in that thread if complete and running would mop up 99% of the cars on this board.
      Go to any OTHER section, and their car's can't pull 16's with full bolt ons. I was CONTEMPLATING getting into hondas as I had the oppertunity for a full bolton d16y7. They laughed and, to quote them.. "dont bother without boost. hondas aren't like American cars where you get 30hp from an exhaust, another 30hp from a retune". (http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1843628&page=1 is one of the many threads I made on the d16y7.) Oh. And MOST boosted hondas are nothing to write home on. TRUST ME. It takes a wrench to put on a turbo. It takes a brain to make it work.
      Check out some boosted 60*v6's sometime.

Yet you still freaking lost!!! To a 4 cylinder of only 1.8 liters? Where is your replacement for displacement attitude now?
      Where is our replacement for displacement now? Since we are talking motor swaps, I will take a 3900 for my GP and walk that honda like a downs-syndromatic dog. Thanks. Bye.

I know of tractors, fucking FARM TRACTORS, that would lay ANY honda out. My point? Yours...?

Originally posted by Jbrogan View Post
      Hey jackass "beretta" and by the way i have had my beretta for about a month, i havent put any upgrades on it except intake wires and exhaust. also im tight on money. if i out that much monry into my beretta there is no telling how fast it would be. theres a beretta on here running a 13.8. also im going to s/c my beretta. yes its been done the guy pulled a 14.1 at the track. the s/c was the only mod. i already have one and im getting a manifold made.

Wait since he did an engine swap ill swap to a 3400 and then get a fuel rail a header back exhaust, and an intake then I will smoke em
      I have a quad-four beretta GTZ (stock) that I will put up against that honda. I have a mid-13 second GTZ (naturally aspirated) that will walk any said honda as well.
      Last edited by 85_305; 03-31-2007, 08:43 PM.
      '93 Sunbird. 5spd, 3.1, it's fast. Oh, and 240k miles has proven lethal against Turbo Talons

I'm lurking occasionaly. It's tough because I'm usually too busy with the Army or my 5.0 Mustang. Which is for sale.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

agreed, and also thats sweet

1996 Beretta
        3100 SFI TURBO
        T28 60 Trim Turbo at 9psi, Stage 1 turbo cam mms, lifter upgrade springs mms, P&P heads, ls6 Valve Springs, Ported exhaust manifolds, Hyperuetectic pistons SP, 3.29 trani, MSD 8.5 wires, open exhaust, Pulstar plugs, 3400 intake manifolds, ported TB, 36 lb/hr injectors, RCI Fuel cell, Walbro 255 pump, A/C Bypass, and much more.
        13.1 @ 103 mph best in the 1/4 mile

Comment

go to honda tech in their forced induction forum. Pic any random thread and I bet the car in that thread if complete and running would mop up 99% of the cars on this board.

So I wouldn't talk shit about civics. They weigh less then your boat, and with the right turbo setup, will make 200 whp+ in a 2300lb car. Way more then enough to lay the smack down on your bolt on grand ams on here.
          Sorry bud, but honda's eat shit.. yeahh. they have to force air into a 4cyl to stay close to a N/A V6... BTW whats the big deal about 200hp in a 2300lb car?? Im glad u left that 1% Of this board to beet those cars kuss im "POSITIVE" that there is a car here that has 200hp+? and weighs 1900Lbs and is "RWD"... << (you know.. the tires the weight transfers to)...
          VIDEO Acadian http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...7f00197eea.htm
          VIDEO Chevette http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...500156e11b.htm

Six-t-Six Motorsports
          2.8L Chevette Roadcar
          3.2L Acadian Racecar

Comment

rice weighing less then beef. Last time I checked, thats good when trying to build a race car. So crack all you want, its an advantage to weigh less. You will probably try to argue still though.
            exactly, but remember that when you try comparing apples to oranges, and hondas arent build light because they are factory race cars, they build them like that becaues they can, and they have to. if they weighed any more they would sound even more annoying and still go nowhere

Comment

Umm you guys were the ones that were comparing apples to oranges first. I was just following suit

Hondas have to use forced induction to keep up? The guy just said his buddy had a n/a 1.8 liter and it beat his v6. Sounds like no turbo to me to beat the v6

And fyi, the little k20 motors put out more hp then your stock v6's do. No forced induction needed. Yes a measly little 2 liter makes more power then your 3.4 liters

Man tons of haters on here. I am guessing you guys got beat by measly 4 cylinders and are now upset and have to talk crap to make yourselves feel better.

Its easy to find tons of videos on streetfire of hondas beating up on v6's and v8's. How many videos on streetfire are there of grand ams, grand prixs, Berretas with their 60 degree motors beating up on hondas? Very few I am sure. In fact the videos on streetfire of said 60 degree motored cars are usually pretty freaking lame and are 15 second tow barges.

Comment

I've boosted a Honda and a 60 degree V6... Do I win?

FYI, the Honda had more horsepower than the LQ1 (30 horsepower more as they came from the factories) and was about 500 lbs lighter. I think it stock was about as fast as my Monte with the turbo at 7 psi...

Rivalries can be nice, but some people take them too far. To me it's all about loving cars, any kind of cars. The shop that built my Honda motor has actually been doing quite a few Fieros and diesels as well even though the owner is a 15+ year Honda mechanic who specializes in Hondas. I have him about to order some custom forged pistons and rods for the LQ1 for me. When I visit different shops, I always try to see what their specialty is and what cars they work on. If they say one brand/style and nothing else, I never go back.

Tim
                1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
                325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

Tons of haters? Coming from the biggest hater on here... Let me help you out shaun. We have 500+ active members. Most don't post but view the board. Of those, I see maybe a handful posting in this thread. You started the honda bullshit.

Why are you here? Go buy a honda. Maybe you can get 500 for your fiero.
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

yah when originally this ENTIRE thread was not about fast hondas....kind of an oxymoron if you ask me, only a few got the entire gist of this thread

Comment

And fyi, the little k20 motors put out more hp then your stock v6's do. No forced induction needed. Yes a measly little 2 liter makes more power then your 3.4 liters
                      Its easy to find tons of videos on streetfire of hondas beating up on v6's and v8's. How many videos on streetfire are there of grand ams, grand prixs, Berretas with their 60 degree motors beating up on hondas? Very few I am sure. In fact the videos on streetfire of said 60 degree motored cars are usually pretty freaking lame and are 15 second tow barges.
                      Well I find a few points funny about this post. First, those K20's and h22a1's and shit, are all hondas higher end motors. You are comparing hondas higher end motors, to ancient build and design (albeit good) American 3.1's to hondas newer, sportiest higher output motors.
                      And as for streetfire searches for "turbo grand prix", "TGP", Grand Prix etc. You will find PLENTY of video's of GP's cockstomping Camaro's, Cobra's, HONDAS etc.

Originally posted by gectek View Post
                      exactly, but remember that when you try comparing apples to oranges, and hondas arent build light because they are factory race cars, they build them like that becaues they can, and they have to. if they weighed any more they would sound even more annoying and still go nowhere
                      As for hondas being light, they sure are. Ever see what happens in a 5mph crash in them? A 20mph? A buddy hit a dear in my '90 GP and all that it did was take the mirror off and break the drivers window.. No dings in the drivers fender/door (the deer did in fact hit it). Hondas blow apart. American cars wont. Another buddy hit a deer going 65mph on a backroad in his Delta 88. Cracked his light, slightly dented the grill, and deployed the airbag. A honda doing that? Bye Bye honda. Easy discussion.

Originally posted by timg View Post
                      I've boosted a Honda and a 60 degree V6... Do I win?

FYI, the Honda had more horsepower than the LQ1 (30 horsepower more as they came from the factories) and was about 500 lbs lighter. I think it stock was about as fast as my Monte with the turbo at 7 psi...

Tim
                      Again, lets compare APPLES to APPLES, not APPLES to COCONUTS. You are comparing a top motor, to an entry-level motor. That's like comparing an entry level motor d16y7 to an entry level LSx series motor. Retarded.
                      Last edited by 85_305; 04-07-2007, 06:23 PM.
                      '93 Sunbird. 5spd, 3.1, it's fast. Oh, and 240k miles has proven lethal against Turbo Talons

I'm lurking occasionaly. It's tough because I'm usually too busy with the Army or my 5.0 Mustang. Which is for sale.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

Are we about done here? Where is the "Beating A Dead Horse" emoticon?

Ah,..this'll work...
                        Attached Files
                        If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X