No announcement yet.

"race enthusiasts" lost in left field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok look aparently you all forgot the topic of this thread. this isnt to talk about fast hondas....the purpose is the exact opposite...dont u read the first post?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun41178 View Post
      go to honda tech in their forced induction forum. Pic any random thread and I bet the car in that thread if complete and running would mop up 99% of the cars on this board.

So I wouldn't talk shit about civics. They weigh less then your boat, and with the right turbo setup, will make 200 whp+ in a 2300lb car. Way more then enough to lay the smack down on your bolt on grand ams on here.
      I think the point was the attitudes of the owners not the make of the car.

Comment

Yeah, but fast hondas are a lot more interesting than ricers and L67s
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

There's a seasonal worker at my job that has a 40th anniversary GP GT. I don't have the heart to ask how much he paid extra at the dealership for that "supercharged" badge on his hood. My brother also works there and owns a GTP (don't worry, he's sensible) and he can't convince this guy that his GT isn't really supercharged.
          1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

Originally posted by Carlspike View Post
            I think the point was the attitudes of the owners not the make of the car.
            Look at the attitudes of some of the members in this post!! Just as bad as your so called honda owners.

For example. Z3ro.

Comment

Well fast hondas cost lots of money. the honda that beat me buy a car took an engine swap to a 1.8DOHC, fuel rail, header, header back exhaust, AEM intake, a Trani swap, LSD, and a chip. Now thats just engine parts. it also has a carbon fiber hood, lowering springs, rims tires, tinted windows. now all of those things are quite expensive all together. Dont you think? the guy told me the carbon fiber hood was $700, WTF, thats a waste, i would put more in the engine. But you will never see me in the position to do that because i dont plan on owning one. I have a custom intake i made, a flowmaster muffler, not cat or resinator, and Accel 8.8mm wires. those are my only mods. I dont get why someone would dump that much money into a honda and be only .2 secs, if that, faster in the 1/4 mile.

1996 Beretta
              3100 SFI TURBO
              T28 60 Trim Turbo at 9psi, Stage 1 turbo cam mms, lifter upgrade springs mms, P&P heads, ls6 Valve Springs, Ported exhaust manifolds, Hyperuetectic pistons SP, 3.29 trani, MSD 8.5 wires, open exhaust, Pulstar plugs, 3400 intake manifolds, ported TB, 36 lb/hr injectors, RCI Fuel cell, Walbro 255 pump, A/C Bypass, and much more.
              13.1 @ 103 mph best in the 1/4 mile

Comment

Look at the attitudes of some of the members in this post!! Just as bad as your so called honda owners.

For example. Z3ro.
                Agreed this bickering between 60 and 90 degree gm v6 communities is gay and lame and dilutes the point of this forum, which comes accross as no BS and lots of good info.

Comment

I was j/k and in no way serious(if thats how you took it). I would never waste my money paying for a 4 banger rice-mobile...i dont like hondas(period)
                  im biased. I dont like fords either. I look at all L67 engines like I would any other GM made engine people just just think differently about it.

@Young Whitey-Would you have said the same if i would have said sitck a 3100 in a honda? Like I said I dont really care that much about the 3800 to hate it like people do. Why people like to automatically induce an issue whenever that engine is mention IDK but i am not partial.
                  anyway
                  @Everyone-I don't even own a geo, my mom does. I wish my 3100 was a 350 or but it isnt. I don't brag that way. Especially about my car, theres no point, but say what you want.
                  Last edited by Z3R0; 03-22-2007, 11:04 AM.
                  Originally posted by wozxx...{is 92 mph in a school zone illegal?}
                  I was going relatively fast thru a school zone and was caught. However, I managed to zip into a neighborhood and evade the cop. Could I get additional tickets by trying to run?

Comment

Originally posted by Young Whitey View Post
                    Agreed this bickering between 60 and 90 degree gm v6 communities is gay and lame and dilutes the point of this forum, which comes accross as no BS and lots of good info.
                    Yeah, we are so dilluted with all this bickering...
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                      Yeah, we are so dilluted with all this bickering...
                      Yea especially with the shitloads of actually helpful information on this site. Try going to those sponsor pwnd websites.
                      Last edited by Z3R0; 03-22-2007, 11:44 AM. Reason: spelt werds rong
                      Originally posted by wozxx...{is 92 mph in a school zone illegal?}
                      I was going relatively fast thru a school zone and was caught. However, I managed to zip into a neighborhood and evade the cop. Could I get additional tickets by trying to run?

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrogan View Post
                        Well fast hondas cost lots of money. the honda that beat me buy a car took an engine swap to a 1.8DOHC,
                        Any car that you want to be fast costs lots of money.

Yet you still freaking lost!!! To a 4 cylinder of only 1.8 liters? Where is your replacement for displacement attitude now?

FAct is you lost to a Honda. Case closed. it doesn't matter how much money he had in it. YOU LOST! Try to justify losing however you want. But you still lost.

You keep asking why put all that money into a honda. The honda guy is probably saying, why put all that money into a grand am?

Comment

Hey jackass "beretta" and by the way i have had my beretta for about a month, i havent put any upgrades on it except intake wires and exhaust. also im tight on money. if i out that much monry into my beretta there is no telling how fast it would be. theres a beretta on here running a 13.8. also im going to s/c my beretta. yes its been done the guy pulled a 14.1 at the track. the s/c was the only mod. i already have one and im getting a manifold made.

Wait since he did an engine swap ill swap to a 3400 and then get a fuel rail a header back exhaust, and an intake then I will smoke em

1996 Beretta
                          3100 SFI TURBO
                          T28 60 Trim Turbo at 9psi, Stage 1 turbo cam mms, lifter upgrade springs mms, P&P heads, ls6 Valve Springs, Ported exhaust manifolds, Hyperuetectic pistons SP, 3.29 trani, MSD 8.5 wires, open exhaust, Pulstar plugs, 3400 intake manifolds, ported TB, 36 lb/hr injectors, RCI Fuel cell, Walbro 255 pump, A/C Bypass, and much more.
                          13.1 @ 103 mph best in the 1/4 mile

Comment

Case closed, shaun is still an ass.
                            Ben
                            60DegreeV6.com
                            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrogan View Post

Wait since he did an engine swap ill swap to a 3400 and then get a fuel rail a header back exhaust, and an intake then I will smoke em
                              uh huh. and how do you plan to do that when you just said you are tight on money?

Comment

Any car that you want to be fast costs lots of money.

Yet you still freaking lost!!! To a 4 cylinder of only 1.8 liters? Where is your replacement for displacement attitude now?

FAct is you lost to a Honda. Case closed. it doesn't matter how much money he had in it. YOU LOST! Try to justify losing however you want. But you still lost.

You keep asking why put all that money into a honda. The honda guy is probably saying, why put all that money into a grand am?

so while you are still trying to throw your weight around...dont forget about that...rice weighs less than beef

Comment

Working...
                                X