X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight reduction

I have a 93 beretta gt and i have been trying to reduce the weight

i have taken everything out of the trunk and im looking for more ways without making it look too obvious i.e. i want it to look nice still with the panels still in place

i was thinking about removing the ac compressor but wasnt sure if i could just get another belt that would work without it being there
    also i thought about taking the condenser

any thoughts
    Last edited by TheProfessor; 03-01-2007, 11:01 AM.
    I Like V660s
    Does Chevy make beer
    ~Jayme~

well. you can get a pulley to delete the AC. if it works though i'd not remove it.

how bad do you need to lose weight? trying to make minimum for racing or just trying to get some more pep without making more power?

Comment

weight reduction

I have an 88 GTU that weighs 2800 lbs. Heres a quick list.Front and rear bumpers can be safely removed and replaced with aluminum or composite.Mine are from I believe a dodge ram van for the front and a ford suv for the rear.The stock bumpers weigh alot incomparision.I did fabrcate aluminum supports with the extra from the van.Switch to headers for a little weight reduction and a little performance gain.I also switched to a fuel cell as well.You can also get a fiberglass hood and front fenders still.I'd drop the compressor and condenser.While at the track just pop out the pass seat and spare tire of course.There is more weight that can be shaved but it might not be what you looking for, I plan on removing and replacing my floor and trunk pan with diamond plate.I dont think it would be in you r best intrest for overall safety and structural regidity.I pretty much race mine at the track and occasional car events.If you have a standard trans get a lightened flywheel, as they say at the track every ounce counts.

Comment

where would i get the ac compressor deleat pully and the fiberglass hood and fenders
        I Like V660s
        Does Chevy make beer
        ~Jayme~

Comment

I think Dorman makes AC delete pulleys. Look it up on summit racing's website. They might be available at Rockauto too.
          1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

follow that, the car will get very light

Comment

Working...
            X