This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prophiseer View Post
    I swear they should make "Basic vehicle maintenance and care" a required 18 week course in high school, before you get your liscense.
    I will agree with that. You should have to answer questions like this on your driving test. Nothing pisses me off more when some piece of shit car breaks down on a bridge arond here and traffic comes to a stand still and the person just sits in the car. And around here to get to any neighbouring city you have to take a bridge. The morning and afternoon commute are nuts. Luckily I only have to put up with it while going to school.

At least when my battery had an internal short and my truck stopped dead on me I was smart enough to get out and push it off the road to a side street where it was out of the way. And then I called my brother and he was able to swing by my dads dealership and grab me a new battery. I still got to work on time. I have whitnessed a van stall (maybe ran out of gas) going down hill and the guy stopped on the hill and never let it coast to the shoulder. I just don't freaking get it.
    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

my favorite is when the customers complaint is that the tranny grinds every time they shift. half way through the roadtest, i pull the floormat out from under the clutch pedal and it stops grinding.

Comment

my ex-girlfriends brakes looked like thaton her sunfire. went there expecting to do a simple brake job. she said the same thing it started making noise then it went away.
        sigpic
        99 Grand Am GT
        3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
        Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
        1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
        515 515 lift 112 lsa
        15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

Thats amazing!

But I must admidt, on my 97 caravan I wait till the pads are down to the metal since I replace the rotors each time since the brakes are so undersized the rotors don't last that long anyway.

Comment

my 91 caprice had a rotor split like that once. was because ohio winters rusted the veins out though. i drove it a few hundred feet to a parking lot like that and didn't hurt anything.

Comment

I've seen a Jeep Grand Cherokee separate the hub from the actuall rotor...It was made like the Wbody factory style,steel hub welded to the iron surface...One of the many reasons I don't use that style rotor anymore
              Lorenzo
              '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
              '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

I swear they should make "Basic vehicle maintenance and care" a required 18 week course in high school, before you get your liscense.
                I agree, but get this, I see that toyota has a lexus that can parallel park itself...Technology aside....I swear some of these luxury cars are for people who can't drive. They have crossed the line. If you cannot parallel park you should NOT be driving.
                Lorenzo
                '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
                '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

Moms 89 mercury cougar did the same thing, the rotors were in good shape, till the iron disk came off the stamped steel hat. Turns out, Ford recalled this rotor... In other words, free new front rotors. Luckily mom has some common sense and just pulled over and called for help.

Comment

guy i knew bought a brand new Jeep liberty in 2002.. never changed the oil. Engine locked up in 2004.. I think he's stuck making payments on it still...
                    Past Builds;
                    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                    Current Project;
                    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

this is crazy... im sitting at a red light and this guy in his coupe de'ville next to me, his cat starts smoking like crazy. like dark smoke and he doesnt notice... so i put my window down and get his attention i tell him and he says thanks and drives away..... wtf?
                      sigpic
                      97 cutlass supreme
                      3100 sfi
                      cai
                      ud pulley
                      pu dogbones
                      #14 rapidfires
                      magnacore wires

Comment

I say no courses to educate anybody... good for the economy and my pocket book..

Comment

I call it job security!
                          N-body enthusiast:
                          {'87 Grand Am SE - 3.0 90* v6} / {'93 Grand Am LE - 3.3 90* v6}
                          {'98 Grand Am SE - 2.4 Q4} / {'99 Grand Am GT1 - 3400 60* v6}

Current Project:
                          {'90 Chevrolet C1500 Sport 350TBI}

Comment

I call it job security!
                            Halijuya! I dont mind spending the extra time.. im self employed...with no employees!

Comment

Working...
                            X