Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Cutlass Convertible - Question about HUD

Here is a pic of the cutlass I just bought:

It has heads-up-display and a 3.4L engine. Has anybody ever seen one of these that has the HUD? I am kinda wondering how many cars there are out there like mine. The guy i got it from was the original owner and it has a new timing belt and alternator and convertible top. Let me know what you think! I keep thinking i want to do some mods but I can't find anything i want to change! (maybe the wheels) For more pics go to http://www.alphabeat.net/cutlass

RE: 1994 Cutlass Convertible - Question about HUD

i have a 94 dohc convertible with hud. i also put one in my 93 dohc covertible - i don't believe it was an option for convertibles in 93. I've seen very few cars with this option....
    they are extremly hard to find - if you see one on ebay, a complete set will sell for 300 - 1200 bucks!
    Stan
    1994 White Cutlass Supreme Convertible 3.4 DOHC
    Add Ons: Overhead Display, Digital Dash, Trip Computer

Comment

sorry for the broken pic links... i fixed them

Comment

I also have a 94 3.4 with HUD, rare option. My car also has the quad buckets and factory trailer hitch, very rare!

Comment

Originally posted by geenick View Post
          sorry for the broken pic links... i fixed them
          pics still aren't working for me...

but yes, it is somehwat rare. the w-body forum might have an exact number for you if you want it.
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
            pics still aren't working for me...

but yes, it is somehwat rare. the w-body forum might have an exact number for you if you want it.
            Maybe because the post is over 4 yrs old!
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

You beat me to it, Brad
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
              Originally posted by Jay Leno
              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

wow.... thats what i get for not looking at the post date...
                1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                Latest nAst1 files here!
                Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

ive never seen a drop top cutlass without it. but ive seen a million hard tops without it.

yeah come on i want some 4 year old pictures!!!

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

Not to hijack, but what all do I need to get out of a doner car to make the HUD work? The reason I ask is the local yard got some of those C4C and I spotted a couple of Bonnies there. I'll go back to see if they have the HUD system.

Comment

the box off the dash, the plate under it with the cable, the wiring harness (longer the wires the better, so grab pull then cut.
                      the adjuster thinggy, on the GPs (older ones) its under the wiper switch i think, but on the cutties they slapped it in the center console. dont cut the cable, just the wires. feed the cable down. it unclips from the bracket up top

i have a whole Cutty HUD for sale, just make me an offer, im in AB canada. -u pay shipping, i paid $20 for it.

Comment

all you need is the HUD unit itself, the cable and the switch. You will have to cut a hole in your panel under your ashtray, to mount the swtich

Comment

dont forget the wiring harness, bracket to hold the cable under the HUD and the whole unit itself in place, and if youre taking the switch from the lower part of the dash, you might as well take the piece with the hole cut in it already (that i do not have but could possibly get to 'complete' the package)

Comment

I have found that when you purchase a used HUD unit, you get the wiring harness, and the bracket comes with the unit, as long as whomever removed it from the donor car, had enough foresight to take it! I also recommend that you have the W body complete service manual, which shows, step by step, the complete wiring and installation and servicing diagrams, wouldn't be caught dead without my book!

Comment

i have links to all the wiring diagrams online too!!
                              i installed one in my Lumina. :P i used the control from a GP and im thinking of swapping the head for the Cutlass one cuz it doesnt stand as tall... same insides, just a different plastic piece.i want to go one more step up and get one out of a newer GP with motorized tilt... mmmmm motorized tilt. the wiring portion took me about 30 - 40 mins... the mounting and modifying (which i want to redo) took me about an hour, and doesnt look TOO bad... but it could be better ya know?

Comment

Working...
                              X