Hi there from the rust belt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there from the rust belt!

I've been looking on the site for a while for info on the V6's so I thought I may as well throw my hat into the ring. I have an 81 Omega Sport. Right now it has the Iron Duke, but that's gotta go. I picked up a 3400 for it and I will also be getting rid of the automatic and putting in a manual trans. I rescued it from the junkyard while I was there looking at some Turismo/Chargers for some parts. This was only available for one year. The front fenders are actually plastic, it has wheel flares and a rear spoiler.
    Attached Files

welcome.

thats gotta be a rare car, i've never heard of the omegasport until now...

BTW: there are LOTS of us from the rustbelt.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

My other car is an 87 Shelby Charger I converted to rear wheel drive which was the reason I was in the junkyard in the first place to get some older body panels and interior stuff for. Go to the link for a few more pics. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3330131
      Attached Files

Comment

Welcome from one rust belt'r to another
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Hey, another rust belt'r! Welcome!

Those are both really rare cars! Im green w/envy!

I take it the OmegaSport is a FWD? I hope to hear more of your progress in swaping in that 3400.
          1988 Grand Prix - project
          1999 Ford Explorer 4x4 - daily driver
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome!
            Past Builds;
            1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
            1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
            Current Project;
            1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

I finally found a production figure for the Sport Omega. Only 696 were made, I suppose that's why they only had it for one year. Back then I suppose it was odd looking just like the Pontiac Aztek was. Also just like the Plymouth dealers had a hard time selling the Superbirds when they were new. I'm not saying it will ever be as popular as a Superbird just a unique vehicle you either love or hate it. I'm glad I rescued it from the junkyard.

Comment

Welcome!!! That thing is unique. That is the first time I've ever seen one.

Comment

It's been some time since I've posted, been busy this past summer getting the Charger painted. I did get a little work done on The Omega. I've also been stalled waiting on selling my Lesabre Turbo Coupe. I'll be bringing it into the garage soon and starting to replace the floor and actually get it fired up. I did get the roof straightened out at least. While it was sitting in the junkyard it had been waiked on so it took a lot of patience working out the kinks with the body hammers and bumping dollies/blocks. I'll try to take more pics of my progress on it.

Comment

OK, you are the guy i'm thinking about when i go the wrecker(not in a dirty way) there is a car at my local bucks auto, its a olds with a quad 4, its some specialty car with stripes like yours, a spoiler like a z34 lumina, and seats that look right out of a 90 formula Z but they are grey leather with black piping. this car looks extremly rare, it also has a skirt kit too, all factory stuff, and they havent scrapped it in over a year

looks like this but white with striped like yours
                    Last edited by bob442; 12-19-2011, 09:17 PM.

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Welcome! Don't say rust too loud cause my car doesn't know it should be in far worse condition than it is.
                      2013 Black Granite Metallic Chevy Cruze ECO 6MT (DD)

2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car)

1998 Sandrift Metallic Buick Century Limited (Traded in)

Comment

It's in the garage and I'm currently working on the floor. I'm almost finished trimming the piece for the passenger side. The drivers will take a bit longer,pretty rusty. It's a little cold this week. Even though it's heated in the garage I just don't feel like cranking up the heat only to work an hour or 2 when I get home in the evening.This weekend I'll get out there for the day but for now here's a shot with the Omega on the lift and the Charger under it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Cool my cousin has a shelby daytona with a turbo quick little fucker.lol
                          Yeah the beretta is far away from the salt and snow tonight.lol
                          I love my storage unit.

Comment

Well,that little Charger I have is no longer front wheel drive and sports an L67 with a T5 5 speed and an IRS rear. That little car is a quick b#*turd. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/333013...-dodge-charger

Comment

Funny running into you here supercharged024! Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, seems like a lot of Turbo-Mopar guys are also into the 60* stuff... Hoping to get up to date on these engines... Good to see you're making progress!

Mike (aka Zin)

Comment

Working...
                              X