Newbie with a 2.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with a 2.8

Ive got a 93 Gmc Sonoma with the old reliable 2.8. Ive been playn with it a little here and there, with what little funds I have available. I got a good one though! Anyway, My friend and I are working on another friends 88 firebird. He thinks its a 355 sbc. We know its the tbi low output 305, rated at 170 hp. Im working on porting a tbi manifold and modifing a tbi off a 4.3. Ive got a K&N, high flow muffler, no cat, and 5 speed manual tranny. I had the Msd 6al hooked up, but it seems to die when the truck warms up. What I want to do is find out what little things I can do to get more power so I can race this fool and his fireturd to prove to him, once and for all, that he's got a 305. And just to embarrass him, alot. Roller rockers off a 97 3.1 or 3.4? 1.6 ratio? How do I make them work? I just moved to Arizona, and they have emissons testing here. What kind of cat should I get to compensate for my other modifications?

no suggestions?

thats very interesting.

Comment

sites been down so thats probabbly why theres been no replys. 4.3tb, 1.6 rockers(not sure what motors will work with yorus, but i know the early 3100s have stamped ones) and a good exhaust. not guarenteeing youll beat him. but thats the best start for the old 2.8
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X