noob here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob here

g'mornin folks! thought id join in on the fun and learn some new things as i have a project planned for the future. it may never happen, but at least ill gain some knowledge, and hopefully be able to share what i already have. drive a 2003 taurus right now, used to have a 94 cutlass cruiser wagon with the 3100. miss that car! plan to get another one and work on a motor swap/build which is one of the reasons im here. also here to meet people with the same interestes as me! so its good to be here, and i look forward to meeting everyone

Welcome. This is a great opportunity to learn about the differences in the 3x00 engines and which platform is best for your needs.

What are you looking for performance wise out of a future 3x00 car?

Good luck.
    Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
    02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
    www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

thanks! well my original plna was to swap out the 3100 in my ciera for a series 2 3800 with a s/c out of like a regal gs, or grand prix, but the car died first so that never happened, lol. but i think thats probably what i would want ot do, because i love the cieras. and i figure a ciera wagon would make a hell of a sleeper. but seeing as ive never done a swap before, not even same engine swaps, i wouldnt know exactly where to begin. im a member over at a-body.net, and i know theres some info there that can help me, but i cant say plans never change, lol. i could get a great deal on a 3.4, and i know theres a small at least market of performance parts for those since they were in the grandam gts. basically id like to learn a bit about both motors and what would work best.

Comment

For all your 3800 SC swap questions use www.motorswap.org. You can find swap info on here for 3x00 and 3.4 dohc engines. Motorswap.org also has good info on 3x00 and 3.4 dohc swap questions.

All your performance questions on 3x00 and 3.4 dohc engines can be found here.

Which 3.4 L engine are you talking about? One we refer to as the 3.4L DOHC. And the other is the 3400 Engine. The 3400 engine is a newer version of your 3100.

Do you have a pic of your future sleeper?
        02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
        www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

well i liked the 3.4 that was in my 99 grand am GT. so i believe that woulda been the DOHC? i cant remember lol. and i have a pic of where i was at with my old wagon, rat rodded i guess would be the best way to explain it, lol. i affectionatley named her the Barn Burner

Comment

99 gagt would be a 3400, ohv. right?
            sigpic

Comment

Yes, 99 GAGT would have the 3400.
              -Brad-
              89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
              sigpic
              Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

thats what i figured. unless i could pull 200-250 maybe out of the stock 3100. that would be divine

Comment

You can get 200+ whp out of a 3100 with the right combo. But its easiest with a custom fabricated turbo kit. And that has been done.

You could keep the 3100 and put 3400 ported heads/intake manifolds/headers/cam and get 200+whp.
                  02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                  www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Originally posted by blackbombshell95 View Post
                    You can get 200+ whp out of a 3100 with the right combo. But its easiest with a custom fabricated turbo kit. And that has been done.

You could keep the 3100 and put 3400 ported heads/intake manifolds/headers/cam and get 200+whp.

i had heard about that 3400 top end swap. does it have to be the DOHC 3400? or does it not matter?

Comment

you cant put dohc heads and stuff on your motor, it has to be 3400. 3.4 dohc is in the older z34s and stuff. the 3400 is 00+ and in the gagts and malibus ect.
                      sigpic

Comment

ok, thanks. i wasnt sure. like i said this would be my first in-depth project. assuming i even get around to it, gotta find the right car, first lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
                          ok, thanks. i wasnt sure. like i said this would be my first in-depth project. assuming i even get around to it, gotta find the right car, first lol
                          Beretta Z26! Or a Grand Prix.
                          02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                          www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

or you could come get my ole z24. all it needs is 1 mount and a newer 3400 will drop right in. it had an auto and 5 speed, with good clutch pp and tob. lol
                            sigpic

Comment

nah, i need another ciera. i miss mine so bad

Comment

Working...
                              X