Engine bay all dolled up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine bay all dolled up.

This weekend I washed, clayed, waxed (NXT 2.0) and cleaned the engine bay. Looks awesome to me after some elbow grease!!!

I also took off the front plate, plate holder, and deer whistles. I think it makes the car look much cleaner.

And last but not least, a pic of my new turn signal stalk. Two weeks ago I got I forgot to put the wheel up after getting out (I have to sit closer because of the baby seat) and I caught it on my pants pocket. It didn't snap off but it bent at a 90 degree angle. I bent it back and taped it but the windshield washer part wasn't working. It cost me $185 to replace it but hey, the new one is shorter and much nicer IMO.

1995 "Driftwood Metallic" Cutlass Ciera

Mods: K&N airfilter, Addco Front & Rear Swaybars, 2.5" cat-back exhaust w/ Hooker Aerochamber muffler.

Down the road: Cam(?), 3400 ported UIM & LIM, ported heads.

looks new! nice!
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Thanks. It took me about 8 hours to do everything.

Mods: K&N airfilter, Addco Front & Rear Swaybars, 2.5" cat-back exhaust w/ Hooker Aerochamber muffler.

Comment

Hell yeah, that thing looks immaculate! Turn signals? Must be something people in PA use cause they sure as hell don't use them around here!
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
          Hell yeah, that thing looks immaculate! Turn signals? Must be something people in PA use cause they sure as hell don't use them around here!
          Yeah, there's just one problem. That upper intake says "3100 SFI" That and I want it to look a bit meaner. I'm thinking about blacking out the grill except for the Olds symbol.

Turn signals used up here? Not especially, even less in Berks County. The people around here just figured out how to turn on their headlights in the rain so they haven't reached that section of the steering column yet....

Comment

you have some options availble to you. Some of the older Ciera's got some nice stuff. Like the Ciera GT (yes, it really is a GT)

or the Ciera XC

Taylor
            1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
            1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
            1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
            1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
            "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

Man that bring back memories. I had an '85 with the iron duke. I think it was that same color even.

No go-fast goodies, but I had a trunk full of subs to slow things down a bit more

Looks good! Have your plenum and valve covers sandblasted and it would look like it came off the showroom floor yesterday.
              Links:
              WOT-Tech.com
              FaceBook
              Instagram

Comment

I saw a GT a few months ago and didnt even know what the hell it was, lol
                I thought someone put a flare kit on it from some other car cause they were all twitsed and falling off... the car was pertty beat and had no wheel wells left, but thats interesting they actually came that way stock
                Mr_Efficiency

90 Grand prix - Lawn ornament
                Black, 3.1, 5 speed
                Future holds: Striped and then scrap yard

97 Cavalier - Stock car
                Red/Black, 2.2 OHV, 5 speed, fully tubed bumper to bumper, 6 point cage with halo, fuel cell, race seat, 5 pt harness.... a race car
                Future holds: Just more trophies

New project on the way: 88 S10 reg cab, short box, 5 speed.
                Future holds: Built 2.8 hybrid, Stealthy flat black, a drop until i have no more ugly wheel gap

Comment

Yeah. I remember the first time I saw an XC. I thought some kid had done it, but when I looked it up online, boy was I suprised.
                  Taylor
                  1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

Screw those XCs and GTs and Internationals...

Chevrolet Cutlass Eurosport!!

With a 5 speed...

Comment

Mine had the 3.3 L, the decked 3800. You know, with fresh sensors, plugs, good compression, and cool night... it hauled ass.
                      You should stiffen up the springs and run 185/65/14s' instead of the 185/75/14's. You just need those FWD cutlass mags. Anyways, that engine bay is like a work of art... nice job. I wouldnt black out the grill though man... sumthin tells me. It is what it is... a fucking nice ciera.

Comment

I wouldnt black out the grill though man
                        LOL Too late. I did it this last weekend. I wasn't completely impressed with the finish of it so I might sand it down and redo it. All in all it looks better blacked out to me. There was just too much chrome up front.

Comment

can't wait to see it. I am not a big fan of chrome either. That was one of the first things I tried doing to my Cutlass Supreme when I got it. Removing all the chrome. I had chrome grills, chrome trim, chrome on the interior, etc.
                          Taylor
                          1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

Originally posted by 3100 MPFI View Post
                            can't wait to see it. I am not a big fan of chrome either. That was one of the first things I tried doing to my Cutlass Supreme when I got it. Removing all the chrome. I had chrome grills, chrome trim, chrome on the interior, etc.

I only wish it was a Cutlass Supreme. I just love the way they look. Sporty yet sophisticated.

Comment

That is how I feel too, but the rest of the world seems to disagree. Of the other boards I am on, they all say I should get a Grand Prix, or a Z34. I have a Grand Prix STE. I don't want a Lumina. I love my oldsmobiles better.
                              Taylor
                              1998 Lincoln Mark VIII

Comment

Working...
                              X