New Paint on my GTP! Feedback please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Paint on my GTP! Feedback please

Well i just painted my 91 GTP, heres some pics, please give some feedback so far everyone i know loves it. All the paint is pearlized gold , its hard to tell in the pics but the white looks like it and the black stripes turn gold in the sun , it looks really cool in real life.

Jake
    Attached Files
    GM Goodwrench Tech - GM Certified

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 3.4L DOHC , 5 Speed Manual Transmission , Turbonetics 62mm turbo, Turbonectics Evolution Wastegate , Turbonetics Raptor BOV , Large Front Mount Intercooler , AEM Methanol Injection , Car is running at 11PSI currently with methanol injection.

Runs 13.4 In the 1/4 with a 3 second 60 foot

Looks pretty bad-ass.

Comment

verry nice...its not too often you see a GTP of the 91-93's w/ the lower valence still intact....

I love that car.

I'm saving all those pics

btw, are those cobra wheels?.....and i'm putting those louvers on my stock hood right now....should be done in a day or two...
      Last edited by AWeb80; 08-25-2007, 01:25 PM.

The new Z06 exposes European sports cars for what they really are....overprice, underperforming snobs.

Comment

Sorry I got to go against the grain only with the stripes, in my opnion stripes dont go with grand prixs. But i do like the tint and chrome wheels. Excellent!!! What knid of wheels are they??
        Robert
        ---------------------------------------------------
        96 Grand Prix SE 3100 202,000 miles
        New Rebuilt 3100
        New Rebuilt 4T60-E
        Exhaust
        Drilled/Slotted Rotors

95 Grand Prix GTP 177,000 miles
        White
        3" Magnaflow Catback
        Lowered 2" Eibach in front Brichmount Rear
        94-96 Hi-Po 5 Stars on 245/50/16

90 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix
        5 Speed Swapped
        Spec Stage 3 Clutch
        230,000 mile Getrag 282
        Emissions Deleted
        Brand new Engine 1,000 Miles
        Fully Custom Built car

Comment

Originally posted by 94GPGTP View Post
          Sorry I got to go against the grain only with the stripes, in my opnion stripes dont go with grand prixs. But i do like the tint and chrome wheels. Excellent!!! What knid of wheels are they??
          I'm yes/no on the stripes too...but as far as the condition of the car....

THUMBS UP....It is gorgeous.

The new Z06 exposes European sports cars for what they really are....overprice, underperforming snobs.

Comment

The rims are replicas off a 98-03 saleen mustang. they fit perfect. front tires are new 255/40z/R17 BFG G Force and the rear tires are 245/45z/R17 some crappy brand, i got them for $75 for the set so i cant complain they were brand new . and i guess you just have to see the car in real life to really see the stripes, they look way better in real life and with the sun shining on it when they turn gold.

Jake

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 3.4L DOHC , 5 Speed Manual Transmission , Turbonetics 62mm turbo, Turbonectics Evolution Wastegate , Turbonetics Raptor BOV , Large Front Mount Intercooler , AEM Methanol Injection , Car is running at 11PSI currently with methanol injection.

Comment

that looks sick

what mods do you have done to it

Comment

looks great!! one of the nicest older GP I've seen!

2007 Pontiac G6 GTP
                Sedan Black/Black
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2597636

Comment

Originally posted by jmann20051 View Post
                  looks great!! one of the nicest older GP I've seen!
                  yes, this is my third reply....I love this car

Please take pics when it is clean and sunny out.

Comment

I'm gonna be critical of what you've done because I absolutely love the 91-93 B4U cars and I will forever love the GTPs. In my opinion, the stripes don't work. In the front they make the turn signal lamps look like they are lower than the headlamps. It would have been better if they followed the contour of the body more. Also, they're too wide and too black. They're just big black stripes on a white car. They may have worked if you have put some thin white stripes toward the edges of them to break it up a bit. In the back, the stripes are completely out of place. It makes the GTP logo very difficult to read and they dominate the back end. Also the spoiler is completely black while the rest of the body is white.

I do like the 5 spoke alloys, but for some reason the front of your car looks like it has more wheel well gap than the back of the car. Could just be a worn out suspension, rear leaf spring mainly, I've seen it happen before. The exhaust tips are OK too, but exhaust tips should never stick out past the rear bumper. That just looks cob jobbed and ricer. Sorry if I stepped on some toes, but you wanted feedback and I just love the look of those cars. I've always been of the opinion that they are some of the best looking factory produced cars ever made, and when you go and start changing too many things, you can easily ruin it. I'm not gonna say you ruined your car, but compared to an original, I don't think it's as good looking.
                    Last edited by OldSkoolGP; 08-28-2007, 02:15 PM.
                    I may own a GTO now, but I'm still a 60V6er at heart.

Comment

OldSkoolGP made a couple good points. The thin line at the edges would have made a big difference. Also, I've got to agree on the black spoiler. Otherwise I like it.
                      Last edited by garylau; 08-28-2007, 05:11 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Well everyone has there opinon, honestly i was iffy about the stripes too, but i like them now, im not ognna take your negative feedback to heart and kill myself. lol . 99% of people love it so im not concerned, i was gonna do the thin stipes on the side too but i ran out of time, i did that on my vacation. also the wheel gap does suck, the rear leaf is saggy, i want to lower the front end to compensate for it. and the reason i did the spoiler black was because i tried it on the car white and i personally think i looks better totally black with the stripes. anyways thanks for the feedback even though you dont like it, i should post pics of it before then you can compare. lol

Jake

Comment

Hey, I'm glad you understand it wasn't a personal rip, it's just my opinion. We don't build our cars so everyone else will like them. We build them so we will like them. As long as you like it, that's all that really matters. But you asked for feedback, so I thought I'd give some.
                          I may own a GTO now, but I'm still a 60V6er at heart.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkoolGP View Post
                            I've always been of the opinion that they are some of the best looking factory produced cars ever made

I second that....i love the 91-93 B4U cars ( I'll lump the TGPs in with them..)......and the 94-96 after that

Comment

Working...
                            X