Plenum Spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plenum Spacer

Does anyone know where i can find a spacer made for the 3.4 dohc to go between the upper and lower intake? Ive found one made by cheetah online but i am having trouble ordering it through them!!

You might want to check hood clearances first. My buddy ALMOST thought about making a set for his 96+ style intake, but it would not only be interfering with his STB, but the hood would be in the way also.
    Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

I plan on using a 1 inch spacer and my hood clearance will be fine and my car does not have a stb so im good there too

Comment

custom... Why are you wanting one? longer runners will make more TQ but you will most likely lose top end HP. I have seen people do this for direct port NO2 injection

S
        Shane "RedZMonte"
        2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
        1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
        -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
        2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
        1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
        1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
        1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
        1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

My question is how serious are you. This was made on my X bosses cnc a few years back. For you to get one you would have to pay prob 300-600 and it may be 2 months of a wait.

96 Z34 3.4 SC DOHC Getrag, 284 5sd manual transmission, stage 3spec clutch, 97 engine, 97 pcm, S3 intercooler 1 of 1 Roots SC LQ1 in the world 8.5 psi.

Comment

I doubt it's enough change to feel anything. Brad made 1" spacers for the 3400 once and it didn't do anything. Unless you are taping them for direct nitrous injection...
            sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
            1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
            16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
            Original L82 Longblock
            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
            Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Depending the material, you could make a spacer in your garage for under 50.00. When you start using aluminum or stainless, then the costs get $$$$.
              Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

The main reason i plan on using a spacer is for heat insulation by using a phenolic spacer and pick up a little torque while doing so

Comment

You can have a phenolic spacer cnc'd by my bos.

96 Z34 3.4 SC DOHC Getrag, 284 5sd manual transmission, stage 3spec clutch, 97 engine, 97 pcm, S3 intercooler 1 of 1 Roots SC LQ1 in the world 8.5 psi.

Comment

Man, if you really want to do this, I have stuff waterjetted all the time. If you want I can get you a price, but probably no more than $100-150.

WWW.OverKillEngineeringMotorsports.com

Comment

Yea if you could get me a price that would be great!

Comment

Yeah, what I would do is have like 10 of them made. Is this for the 91-95 of 96-97. Let me know man. I can buy the material and have some made up. Is there any one else interested?

WWW.OverKillEngineeringMotorsports.com

Comment

Possibly what are the pros and cons.

Comment

Originally posted by z34 on juice View Post
                            The main reason i plan on using a spacer is for heat insulation by using a phenolic spacer and pick up a little torque while doing so
                            so your trying to insolate the intake manifold from heat? just a thought..... the intake bendds over the top of the engine where all the heat is riseing too, i don't think a spacer will provide you with much if any heat insolation... Now getting the upper intake ceramic coated would make more sence for heat insolation... Maybe im off here but it doesn't make a ton of sence to me.. i don't think the upper intake has coolant flowing threw it like many others so your not blocking coolant passages (example 3800 S/C, ect...). Don't think your are going to see any benifits for how much work it will take to finish... Honestly doing some simple porting on the intakes/throttle body will be more beneficial.

S
                            Shane "RedZMonte"
                            2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
                            1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
                            -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
                            2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
                            1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
                            1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
                            1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
                            1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                            X