New dyno numbers, 415 WHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New dyno numbers, 415 WHP

I know a lot of people are interested over here. I put down 415 WHP with my 3.4l DOHC Turbo Fiero. Thread is here:

Matt
    1987 Fiero GT - 95' 3.4l DOHC LQ1, GT3071r turbo, intercooled, Haltech E6K, custom stainless headers and exhaust, Tial 38mm wastegate, 38 lb/hr MSD injectors, custom intake manifold, 12" 4-piston front brakes, 11.25" rear.

415 WHP, 11.92 @118 1/4, 28 MPG, on pump gas.

Awesome numbers man!!!!!

After reading the PFF posts I was wondering how much timing you are running up top?
    Mega Squirted Fiero
    How I did it here

Comment

I am running about 16 degrees at peak torque and 20 degrees at peak power. That is at ~1 bar. I run the stock timing map up to atmospheric and ramp down from there to these values as boost increases.
      1987 Fiero GT - 95' 3.4l DOHC LQ1, GT3071r turbo, intercooled, Haltech E6K, custom stainless headers and exhaust, Tial 38mm wastegate, 38 lb/hr MSD injectors, custom intake manifold, 12" 4-piston front brakes, 11.25" rear.

Comment

Would you mind sharing your table?
        Mega Squirted Fiero
        How I did it here

Comment

No problem. It will be a CSV file. I should have it available tomorrow.

Comment

Wow, whats done to your motor

WWW.OverKillEngineeringMotorsports.com

Comment

Cool thanks!!!
              Mega Squirted Fiero
              How I did it here

Comment

damn, raised the bar a little higher.

the 1st dohc to break 400whp, woohoo.

there is a build thread somewhere in the pff archives on what he put into it. from what i remember there really wasn't much over a regular rebuild other than the custom pistons.

very..VERY impressive for a relatively stock bottom end designed nearly 20 years ago.

good job matt.
                Last edited by dohcfiend; 08-15-2007, 12:55 AM.
                The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

Nice! I can't ever get sick of the sound of a spooling turbo. I like the camera angle at the track, too .
                  Links:
                  WOT-Tech.com
                  FaceBook
                  Instagram

Comment

God damn. The sound of that engine...
                    1999 SVT Lightning
                    1996 Monte Z34 R.I.P.
                    Next BEATER: a C5
                    http://www.fquick.com/ez112

Comment

Originally posted by d.o.h.c View Post
                      Wow, whats done to your motor
                      On the surface, not much, but many hours have gone into this. The only non-stock parts internally are ARP bolts in the bottom end and hypereutectic pistons. I did port the combustion chambers to unshroud the valves and lower compression ratio a bit. I left the ports alone as they are already pretty big. I made a custom intake manifold using the stock base manifold and fuel rails. I am running the stock Fiero throttle body. Here is a brief list of the modifications.

3.4l DOHC V6 from 1995 Monte Carlo
                      Ported/polished combustion chambers; good bolts in bottom end; hypereutectic pistons; custom intake manifold; 38 lb/hr injectors; Haltech E6K ECU; custom tubular stainless headers and crossover; GT3071r turbo; Tial 38mm wastegate; Fidenza Al flywheel; Clutchnet six puck sprung hub clutch with stock pressure plate; large Ebay intercooler core with custom end tanks/draw fans mounted under car; I spin the engine to 7k with a 7200 rev limiter.

12.5" front discs from 2000 F-car; 4-piston fixed calipers; 11.25" rear disc with 2000 F-car rear calipers; front and rear lowered ~3/4"; 17x7 front rims with 235/40; 17x8 rear rims with 255/40.

Comment

You'll have to write down a scroll as to what the engine / turbo build up consisted of to assist all the 3.4 dohc crowd that wants the right direction to go in a engine/ turbo build!

Way to go!!!!!!!
                        1991 Grand Prix STE
                        3.4 DOHC
                        1 of 792 Produced
                        Extensive Mods Done

1991 Lumina Z34
                        3.4 DOHC
                        Getrag 284 5spd
                        1 of 30
                        Canadian Z34 Models Made with the Getrag 5spd Wahoooo!

1980 GMC Sierra Classic C25 With 18,000 ORIGINAL MILES!!!!

sigpic

Comment

perfect thanks!!!!!!!!
                          1991 Grand Prix STE
                          3.4 DOHC
                          1 of 792 Produced
                          Extensive Mods Done

1991 Lumina Z34
                          3.4 DOHC
                          Getrag 284 5spd
                          1 of 30

sigpic

Comment

What Compression are you roughly running?
                            1991 Grand Prix STE
                            3.4 DOHC
                            1 of 792 Produced
                            Extensive Mods Done

1991 Lumina Z34
                            3.4 DOHC
                            Getrag 284 5spd
                            1 of 30

sigpic

Comment

I am not sure of the compression ratio. I would guess that I lowered it to around 8.5:1. Not a drastic change over the stock 9.25:1. I did the porting of the combustion chambers more to clean up sharp edges and unshroud the valves.

Comment

Working...
                              X