what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do

94 gtp with 247,000 miles runs ok it has the oil leak,check eng light come on something to do with my egr valve seem to do it on deceleration.trans has the problem with droping out of lockup or 4th gear. wanted to put new engine and trans from jaspers but at 3900.00 for engine and 2000.00 for trans it way to much money to put in the car. so i was wondering if i could just rebuild the top end of my engine or find a lower milage engine from a junk yard and rebuild the top end of that engine would i come out ahead of the ball game and just have the trans rebuilt? any suggestion would help thanks. is there anyone in or close by the baltimore md, area with parts or a low milage engine for sale let me know 3.4 dohc engine

Give it to a charity that takes cars for a tax writeoff. It's had a long life. You could probably find another GTP in good condition with a lot less miles for less than $2000.
    I may own a GTO now, but I'm still a 60V6er at heart.

Comment

funny, my 94 grand prix has the same exact same problems as yours (among others) at 160k miles.
      1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE
      L82
      4T65-E

Comment

I have heard a valve body and spring replacement on the trans will solve that problem... thoughts?
        1994 Grand Prix GTP
        LQ1
        4T60-E
        FFP UD Pulley
        K&N

Comment

Working...
        X