Clear All

• Plugs, Wires and tune up recommendation Z34

Hey good bro's
    throw me some suggestions for tune-up parts for this Z34 I just bought

5 Speed

thanks a lot

ps. stuff I can get in Canada please.

Ken

fuel filter, plugs, wires, air filter, change oil, oil filter, change out tranny fluid. it is high but i recommend gm synchromesh.

add some refrigerant if needed.

during plug change, inspect plug holes for oil, i.e. oil on the s/p socket. if there is oil present it is either coming from the valve cover gasket or the cam carrier gaskets 50/50 odds. replacing the valve cover gaskets are cheap and easy but replacing the cam carrier gaskets is neither.

inspect for oil on top of block in the back under the intake. if so it is most likely your dist plug o-ring, pull it up run a bead of liquid gaskets, re-install it and pray.

check for coolant near top of the engine. if it is present, it is either from an o-ring where the plenum and intake mate close to the tb or from 1 of the 2 lower intake gaskets. either way id get an intake gasket set and replace it all.

inspect timing belt, replace if necessary. if you have to replace timing belt, get an intake gasket set and call it a day.

check for leaking on the oilpan front or rear seal, try tightening the bolts 1st if that fails you need an oilpan gasket.

check for oil coming from dipstick hole, if so pull the dipstick and replace rubber o-ring.

hope this helps.

p.s. the alternator is a common failing device but moreso on autos than manuals. it is much easier to change on a manual but still a PITA.
    The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

what are the best after-market tune up parts or do you gys use GM stuff.

Comment

id either go with ngk iridium, ac delco copper, or ac delco rapidfires.

for oil, i use amsoil 10W30 and amsoil synchromesh.

for oil filter, use either AC delco, purolator pure one, or mobil 1

i usually just use a purolator fuel filter, but ac delco isnt a bad idea.

for pc valve, pretty much any are fine, imo. best gaskets are gm, but victor and fel-pro dont seem to work too bad.

just hope nothing is leaking on the trans. axle shaft seals arent too hard to find, but if the case half is leaking, its not a fun task.
        91 GTP HM-284 GONE
        96 Special Edition LQ1/4T60E GONE

98 Spawn of Satan (L67 Regal)
        87 V10 SM-465/Mild 350
        06 Cobalt SS/SC GONE

Comment

Working...
        X