Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

93 3.4 DOHC Temperature sensor location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 3.4 DOHC Temperature sensor location?

I know the guage sensor is located on the lower intake manifold but where is the one that controls the radiator fans on and off?

After I just replaced my TB my car seems to be running warmer than usual.
    I replaced the thermostat when I did the LIM Gasket and it never moved off 190'. Now it bounces in between 210' -250'. The seconday fan comes on when it's almost to the red and the other fan never comes on.

Also when I unplug the coolant sensor on the intake manifold both fans come on as they should.

Any ideas? Wheres this other mysterious sensor?

Oh by the way it's a 93 cutlass supreme convertible 3.4 DOHC.

Originally posted by somebodystopme!! View Post
    I know the guage sensor is located on the lower intake manifold but where is the one that controls the radiator fans on and off?

After I just replaced my TB my car seems to be running warmer than usual.
    I replaced the thermostat when I did the LIM Gasket and it never moved off 190'. Now it bounces in between 210' -250'. The seconday fan comes on when it's almost to the red and the other fan never comes on.

Also when I unplug the coolant sensor on the intake manifold both fans come on as they should.

Any ideas? Wheres this other mysterious sensor?

Oh by the way it's a 93 cutlass supreme convertible 3.4 DOHC.
    The sensor on the LIM is the fan sensor. The sensor that controls the gauge is located on the side of the front head on the driver side. It will be only a single green wire. Did you purge your coolant system after you filled it back up? One fan IIRC is not going to come on because it is your A/C fan. Once you turn your A/C on then the fan will come on. You should have put a 180 t-stat in instead of a 195. And buy Ben's chip to put in your car. He can adjust the fan to go on at a earlier temp.

Here is a pic of the head off the car and it is upside down. But you can see where the wire is located.

Last edited by bve32k; 05-02-2007, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X