blue smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue smoke

hey I really like this site, I am learning alot here, but when i start up my car it sometimes pushes alittle blue smoke then clears up, I think my valve seals might be leaking, but it a big job, I was wondering if any of u had this problem and know of an easy way of fixing it. thanks

i dont think there is an easy fix for an oil leak. the only thing that i can think of would be to use a thicker oil. a thicker oil would have a harder time getting through a small leak. i dont know if it would work, just an idea.

Comment

I'm under the impression that when these motors get to a certain age/milage, they just consuming oil, esspecially a startup. You may have bad valve seals, or te most recent thing is that the guide start to drop some, unseating the seals....ehhh....I burn a quart every 1,200. I too get a poof on cold startup.my engine does have a whopping 167,000 on it...
      Lorenzo
      '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
      '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

It all depends on what people think a hard jobs is and how far you are willing to dig.

You won't really know for certain if the guides are starting to wear unless you pull the head and tear it down.
        I am back

Mechanical/Service Technican

Comment

Working...
        X