Annoying ABS Light and Battery Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying ABS Light and Battery Light

I was wondering if anyone knows what could be up with my ABS light and battery light. If I let my GP sit for a good day or two days the battery light and the ABS light comes on. It doesnt always do this but I would say it happens about 3 out of 5 times when I go to start it if its been sitting for a day or more. Its rather annoying and they both usually come on or not at all. I think once or twice I noticed just the battery light come on and it went off down the road. It always starts but when the lights do come on the battery light goes off after driving for about 4 or 5 minutes but the abs light stays on until the engine is warm and I turn the engine off then on again. I was also wondering if cold weather could be causing this because it always seems to do it when the temperature is very cold out like in the teens. I got the car this fall and started to notice it when it got very very cold out. I recently put in some lights on the interior but I doubt they would drain the battery, and I always turn them off when I shut off the car. The blower for the heater seems to be weaker than usual until the battery light goes off then it blows as powerful as normal. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
    Last edited by 1995gtpGPdohc; 02-06-2007, 01:10 AM.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2504648

Bad battery and/or alternator.

ABS is very sensitive to low voltage.
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Hopefully its not the alternator, but im fearing the worse because the previous owner had just put a new battery in it. I herd that its not the easiest thing in the world to replace the alternator in these engines.
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2504648

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
        Bad battery and/or alternator.

ABS is very sensitive to low voltage.
        yea, my bad battery caused my abs light to act the same way.

My Webpage

Comment

Working...
        X