3500 top end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3500 top end

i'm new sort of new to the site and would like to know lf a 3500 or a 3400 top end buildup is a good idea, and if so what would i need how much would it cost and what can i buy from you?
    Thomas Herring

What do you have right now?

I am currently working on the store as I have changed policies (no cores) and have to redo all of my ported products. Let me know what you have car/engine wise.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

im in the same boat, looking at doing the 3500 top end to my 2001 grand am, the 3400. didn't really see a lot of how-to's around here. luckily for me, my wife's got a 3500 g6 that i can look at and get the idea of what i'm gonna have to do.

Comment

The vacuum issues aren't that big of a deal with vacuum line and T fittings. Phil did a write up for what he did though we have to weld up the intake manifold due to the amount of metal I removed to clear the 3400 FPR. Making it so less has to be removed is on my todo list right now. Its actually easier to use the 3500 heads and lower with the 3400 plenum. You get most of the gains from that without any of the real issues with the swap that I am dealing with right now.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

could ya point me to that write up please?? =) what about the pcm? any weird issues with the GA pcm?

and from what i've read on here, the 3.9L top end is a no go w/ the 3400, huh?

Comment

http://60degreev6.com/showthread.php?t=32908

His stock PCM was giving him issues actually with the stock 3400 so I don't know how much difference there will be for someone else. Id definetly want a way to tune that top end swap though. Once you can tune, you never want to go without the ability again

The 3900 has wider bore spacing so the top end won't bolt up to the 3400.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

so whats the total parts price come to? (round about, that is)

Comment

Stock parts? 550-600 usually.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                X