3100 Headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3100 Headers?

Do anyone think we have a large enough demand for these? Something that will clear a 5sp or a 4t60e on a W-body?
    Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
    02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
    www.blackbombshell95.com

RE: 3100 Headers?

Nope. Considering that was the people involved in getting S&S to make them, and then they made them for the GAGT instead. You will never get a company (unless its a small shop like Ben's) to make headers for a car that is over a couple years old. Custom is pretty much the only way to go...
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

We almost had headers for the 94-98 V6 N-bodies made by milzymotorsports.com and the only reason they weren't made was because the owner of the donor car fell off the face of the planet when we were ready for him.

Milzy also has a similar program for 3100/3400 95-99 Monte Carlo's which I think are the same or similar body.
      1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

yes. but his donor fell through
        Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
        02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
        www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael
          because the owner of the donor car fell off the face of the planet when we were ready for him.
          I would have too after seeing his DOHC "headers."

Comment

Ok, i don't need milzy in my store section:P Once I have the header flanges made up and can stock up on tubing and bends, I will be more than happy to start working on headers for the different 60V6 applications. I may even end up doing the prototype, and then having someone else produce them for me depending on the amount of demand and time. I don't have space to store a ton of headers nor the time to really bust out multiple sets as I am solo doing everything, hence the outsourcing where I can

I will tell you this. Any headers I produce initially will not be "long tube, equal length". I will try to keep them equal, and I will definetly use a collector, but ease of install is really what sells headers (plus the lower price). Any tuned headers I make will require other modifications to the engine bay and maybe firewall. So basically, I want to offer different headers for the same application based on price and ease of install. What car I start with is up to everyone else. I will be doing the DOHC headers first obviously as that is what my car is, but after that, anything goes.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

i have a 94 N-body w/2002 3100 that could be used for donor in/around fort wayne,IN. i have two cars now, but g/f drives it for work. as long as she can get back and forth to work, i don't mind it being used.
              1994 Oldsmobile Achieva (2002 3100 SFI)
              Homemade ram-effect CAI
              K&N cylinder filter
              Poorboy Lowering Kit
              Front STB

Comment

A nice set of headers for an 3.1L AT beretta that don't cost $900 would be nice
                98 camaro swapping in lz9 th400 setup
                LZ9 specs: (Subject to Change work in progress)
                4.0L(after bore 3.917 and stroke 3.3485),carrillo sbc rods(narrowed),wiseco custom forged pistons 8.5:1 CR, TCE Double Roller timing chain, gen 3 cam, P&P heads, headers 1 3/4 primaries into 3-1 collector, and going to run ms2.

Comment

you can get headers from the 99 and up ga to fit your 94 3.1. The front i guess just fits. but you have to do something to the back header to make it fit right.

Comment

*bump*

Comment

Originally posted by blackbombshell95
                      yes. but his donor fell through
                      Good thing too, because he'd loose his car for about a month +
                      1999 SVT Lightning
                      1996 Monte Z34 R.I.P.
                      Next BEATER: a C5
                      http://www.fquick.com/ez112

Comment

yep, heders for a 3400 94 Z24 would be great too!
                        Andy

sigpic

fastest 1/8: 10.19@ 67.17
                        fastest 1/4: 16.16@ 82.70

62mm TB, 1.6 roller tip rockers, Ostrich 2.0, UD pulley, TB heater bypass, K&N, 180* stat, No cat, 99Grand AM dual cooling fans. 4T65E swap FDR 3.69, EP LSD, F.A.S.T. transmission controller, TransGo shift kit.

Comment

Originally posted by torq455
                          yep, heders for a 3400 94 Z24 would be great too!
                          it's so easy to make your own tho.

i'll post pics of mine once i pick up the other 3400 on Monday.

i used an old set of headers from my Trans Am and a few pieces from S&S, and some flanges i picked up on Ebay. :P
                          Past Builds;
                          1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                          1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                          Current Project;
                          1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

hey guys, im in groveport, on the east side of columbus and i have a 98 malibu ls

what would i have to do to become the donor?

Comment

Working...
                            X