For Sale: Grand Am Coil Over Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: Grand Am Coil Over Kit

$750 + shipping. This is the test set with about 500 miles on it, using new KYB struts. Would be great for a track car, as handling is improved substantially. Will not lower the car however, unless you buy shorter springs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NBDYCO1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	380914 Click image for larger version

Name:	NBDYCO2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	380913
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

PM'd
    1999 Grand Am SC/T - 301HP, 365TQ - ARP Rod Bolts, ARP Oil Pan Bolts, ARP Head Studs, Mild Cam, 3500 Heads w/28696 Springs, Ported 3500 LIM & 3400 UIM, GT32R @ 12PSI, Rebuilt Trans, 42.5 Injectors, Racetronix Fuel Pump, TCE Adjustable FPR, SC/T Kit, SC/T Spoiler, Shaved Trunk, WOT-Tech Coil Overs, Solid Rear Laterals w/Poly Bushings, Control Arms w/Poly Bushings, Poly Engine & Trans Mounts, Front & Rear Strut Braces

Comment

What spring rates did you use? 2.5" ID springs, I'd assume.
      Eibach linear springs or someone else?
      I remember when I had my coilovers (double-adjustable Koni yellow dampers with Eibach race springs), I ran 300# springs in front and 200# in back, and I thought it was stiff on the street.
      Of course you know what a slow driver I am.....
      Matt
      2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS sedan
      3400/3500 hybrid, Diamond Racing forged pistons, Scat I-beams, TCE DRTC, ported heads, WOT Race cam, PAC 1518s, Manley valves, F40 6-speed with Quaife LSD

Comment

Sold!

We do not know what the spring rates are, but plan to do testing with different springs as long as the market is there for such a thing. Yes, 2.5" ID springs. Are those koni struts still available?
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
          Are those koni struts still available?
          I had OEM strut housings retro-fitted with Koni "wet kits"; the conversion was done by Truechoice Motorsports in OH.
          I'm sure you can still gets the kits they used as there are several different 8611 racing damper kits available.
          Here's what they looked like before I had them converted to coilovers:

And after:

Last edited by mfuller; 12-16-2011, 06:53 PM.
          Matt
          3400/3500 hybrid, Diamond Racing forged pistons, Scat I-beams, TCE DRTC, ported heads, WOT Race cam, PAC 1518s, Manley valves, F40 6-speed with Quaife LSD

Comment

If anyone else wants the same setup for 750, let us know. Matt, those look awesome. Is that the setup you had when you came to Warsaw?
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
              Matt, those look awesome. Is that the setup you had when you came to Warsaw?
              Thanks.
              No, I had those years ago when I still tracked the car. Awesome handling, but a tad stiff for the street. Although I've been thinking about trying to buy them back from the guy I sold them to.
              When I came to Warsaw, I was on H&Rs/KYB AGXs.
              Matt

Comment

Ben
                How was the ride ? You said handling was improved. And will these be available with AGX struts. Or something comparable ? I don't care about spring rates. I used to work at a race shop for dirt track cars. And can get different springs and have access to longacre scales. And can test the spring rates also on their equipment .
                Last edited by unchained01; 12-18-2011, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Ordered the AGX struts and more parts to make another coil over set. We will have updates after we get it installed and tested. The first set, the front was great, the rear was a little bouncy over speed bumps. On a nice road, its awesome. Cornering was much much much better. We need to get the springs sorted out eventually and the more help we can get, the better.
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

what year GA are they for? Fit a '95 Achieva? I have a set of stock struts gutted and trimmed for the Koni insert but that's as far as I got. How much more to use Koni's instead of KYB? Can we pick a color of powder coat? :P
                    What is the meaning of life and the universe? I figured I threw in enough questions I'd throw that one in too
                    sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
                    A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
                    Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
                    Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
                    PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

99-05, no idea on koni, not powdercoating anything. We can make coil overs for anything but we need a vehicle. Price depends on the cost of parts and the labor involved to make it happen.
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by mfuller View Post
                        Thanks.
                        No, I had those years ago when I still tracked the car. Awesome handling, but a tad stiff for the street. Although I've been thinking about trying to buy them back from the guy I sold them to.
                        When I came to Warsaw, I was on H&Rs/KYB AGXs.
                        So since I got them from John, you mean me?

S...........L...........E...........E...........P...........E...........R

Comment

Originally posted by kwhauck View Post
                          So since I got them from John, you mean me?
                          Perhaps.
                          Matt

Comment

Can you build a front set of these for a Beretta?

I pay $$$$. Indeed, that is four dollar signs.

I have a fifth one waiting, if need be.

14.60 @ 96.33 for now...

Comment

We have to look at the stock setup but I would be surprised if we couldn't make it work. Having a car would be a good step forward:P
                              Ben
                              60DegreeV6.com
                              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                              X