X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOT tech site down

Is your site down or my computer just being stupid
    brent

Up for me. I started using a different DNS server than embarq/sprint/centurytell/link/whatever name they are now as it was crapping out on a lot of sites, but a lot here and that made me angry...lol
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

ive had my router setup with dd-wrt and open dns since i bought it.

try open dns instead of the DNS your internet provider uses.
      sigpic
      99 Grand Am GT
      3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
      Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
      1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
      515 515 lift 112 lsa
      15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

It works for me. Then again, I use 4.2.2.1. Despite it being across the country, I still get a really good ping on it (28ms).

Originally posted by geldartb View Post
        ive had my router setup with dd-wrt and open dns since i bought it.

I didn't have it on it since I bought it, but when I found it I installed it.
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

I know I'm going to sound stupid but how do I do that.

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
            It works for me. Then again, I use 4.2.2.1. Despite it being across the country, I still get a really good ping on it (28ms).

I didn't have it on it since I bought it, but when I found it I installed it.
            i had it on the old wrt54g before that got bricked. ah well it was time for a new router so i got a wrt360n.

ive had something one way or another set up with open dns for years. iirc i heard about it on one of the tech shows i watch.

here they tell you step by step how to set it up
            Predict and prevent attacks before they happen using our cloud-delivered enterprise security service. Protect any device, anywhere with OpenDNS.

and with dd-wrt they also give step by step. type in your router model number and it will tell you whether its supported or not. needless to say i dont buy a router id its not supported.
            sigpic
            99 Grand Am GT
            3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
            515 515 lift 112 lsa

Comment

Originally posted by geldartb View Post
              i had it on the old wrt54g before that got bricked. ah well it was time for a new router so i got a wrt360n.

ive had something one way or another set up with open dns for years. iirc i heard about it on one of the tech shows i watch.

here they tell you step by step how to set it up
              Predict and prevent attacks before they happen using our cloud-delivered enterprise security service. Protect any device, anywhere with OpenDNS.

and with dd-wrt they also give step by step. type in your router model number and it will tell you whether its supported or not. needless to say i dont buy a router id its not supported.
              http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database
              I've got a WRT54GS v2 (one of the models with SpeedBooster) with the long 7dBi antennas on it which is running my DD-WRT. It's been working flawless for me for years now. Being broke and my equipment works fine I have no reason to go to N, although I would like to, lol. I'm really happy with it and have no complaints with it.
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
              Originally posted by Jay Leno
              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

i only got the 360n cause i bricked the 54g. i dont think i have anything that runs on N in the house. laptop and ps3 both use G but i left the ps3 hardwired. the only thing i dont like about the 360n is the non removable/upgradeable antenna's, even with the stock antenna's i can still get reception out in the street right at the bottom of the driveway so thats good enough for me.

the 54g i had was a V1. the only time i will replace the 360n is if it dies. no need to upgrade to N since G works fine for me.

if it aint broke dont fix it right.
                sigpic
                99 Grand Am GT
                515 515 lift 112 lsa

Comment

The older ones are bullet proof. I had to buy a WRT54GL for a customer since every other brand of wifi router they tried was crapping out and had to be constantly power cycled. It appears the -L model has the original hardware in it, so hopefully it's just as robust. I put DDWRT on it and let it loose.

I have an older BFRS or whatever 4 port router, and that thing does not introduce any latency, and never chokes even on torrents and such. I've had it running non-stop for 6 years now with no powercycle and no issue. I have a wireless router attached to it and I just set the wirless to AP mode and that works. I got it free after trying 3 of the newer linksys wireless routers and having them all crap out /not work constantly. I think it's a netgear or belkin or something.
                  sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                  1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                  16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                  Original L82 Longblock
                  with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                  Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Originally posted by 90v65speed View Post
                    I know I'm going to sound stupid but how do I do that.
                    Don't worry about those guys babbling on about fancy router stuff...

works fine for me.
                    Past Builds;
                    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                    Current Project;
                    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

I was having problems getting on here for a while too. But no problems anywhere else. I don't know what the deal is.
                      Brent

Comment

Working...
                      X